Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lets hope their wrong

Well according to the Weathermen this winter is on course to be the coldest for 13 years and their forecasting yet another cold snap is due to hit the UK fairly soon. I wouldn't mind all this cold weather if we would at least get some snow so we could have a decent snowball fight or be able to build a decent snowman but alas the weather null zone that seems to surround Leicester continues to hang around and it will probably be the case that the rest of the country could get buried in thick snow and we'd still end up with bright blue skies.

Work was good if busy as I had a couple of meetings and there was a big event on this evening that I agreed to help out at. This did mean that I had to miss institute but seeing as I usually attend every class missing one once in a while wouldn't be that bad. The event was interesting as we did have some authors attend and I was able to have a good conversation with one ( plus get a book signed for Mechanicus). It also caused me to reflect how good my job can be as I could get chances like this to talk to one of my favourite authors

Well there's only two more days left in the week so I've got a lot to do to make sure that my desk is clear as it were ready for my weeks holiday. After all it's always better to clear stuff before you go rather then knowing it's going to be there waiting for you when you come back.

I was pleased to see that the next book in one of my favourite series, The honor harrington series, well I say next book it's technically a spin off but it's a bit more complicate then that and if I tried to explain it would probably take a couple of pages. Right where was I , oh yes the next book in the series is due to be released soon Yaah! But only in the US Booh! For some reason I don't know why the series isn't published in the UK. I guess I'll have to wait until someone like borders impots it or it appears on Amazon and hope the exchange rate doesn't make it really exspensive.

Still on the plus side it's not like I'll be stuck for reading material with five bookshelves full of books.

I really, really need to have a clear out of my Library.

Later folks!

2 comments:

Scully said...

Doesn't the exchange rate work in your favor these days? Or are there customs/import/crazy shipping fees?

Saxon said...

it used to but as the exhange rate is going down it's not as favourable anymore. Plus knowing my luck there probably would be some crazy customs fee I'd get stuck with :-)