Monday, January 05, 2009

Deep freeze

I was expecting it to be cold this morning and quite probably a little frosty. However what I was not expecting was the smattering of snow that had fallen at somepoint over night then proceeded to freeze so it was that odd combination of snow and ice that you sometimes get. So as you can imagine by this point I was a little unsure if somebody was trying to tell me something. I was going back to work, it was a Monday, it was still Dark and now somebody being it fate, irony or the weather had decided to throw my least favourite driving condition into the mix.

Still after five minutes hard work using the scraper I had managed to clean enough of the car so I could at least see where I was going. I also had to clean ice off the Headlights which was a first. I wasn't feeling too confident as I headed out of geektown as the gritters had failed to do their work and the roads were very icey. However once I had the major roads the conditions improved dramatically, but I was still very careful in my driving as it would be very bad to have another accident. Not bad in the sense that I would damage the car, more bad in the sense that Grumpy would never let me hear the end of it if I did it again:-)

Work was good if very, very busy. Although everyone was back the office was quite quiet as everybody seemed to be extremely focussed on there work as we all tried to get back into full work mode after the Holidays. It was also hard as it was the first day of putting my new years resolutions to the test. No snacks and no caffeine. Still I was feeling pleased with myself by the end of the day as I was able to resist the lure of the vending machines and didn't visit any of them at all. The Caffeine headaches have not kicked in yet. I'm sure I'll have that pleasure tomorrow, still I'll be making sure I take some ibuoprofen with me and as I was low on my intake of Caffeine they shouldn't last too long.

(he says hopefully)

I got home to find Grumpy none too pleased with Owen as Owen seems to have decided to play hide and seek with Grumpys right slipper. We've spent most of the evening searching the house but we can't find that darn thing anywhere. So goodness knows what he did with it. Hopefully we'll find it soon so we don't have to put up with comments from Grumpy about how cold his feet are without his slippers!

I'm off to bed now. It's supposed to get very cold overnight getting down to -5. We're supposed to be in the coldest cold phase for a decade. Which in turn I'm sure has prompted the largest number of jokes about global warming in a decade as well.

Later folks!

No comments: