Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another One gone

With the closure of Woolworths we seemed to loose any important local landmark as it were. There's always been a woolies and I still remember the funs times I had when I was younger going to get pic and mix there. Well I learnt today that another important local landmark is about to disppear as well. The Tales of Robin hood attraction in the centre of Nottingham has closed and will close for good as from the 6th February. I'll admit that it wasn't the most modern attraction but it was still a lot of fun and I remember several visits to it throughout my childhood with school, friends, family and quite often visitors from the USA who always found it interesting and were also confused by the fact that Nottingham castle doesn't look like what most people imagine a 'proper castle' too.

Still I can't say I blame them as in most Robin hood films or TV series Nottingham castle is shown as a huge medieval castle with walls, towers, battlements and gates. Still accuracry was never the strong point in some films about Robin hood. If you believe Robin Hood Prince of thieves it's possible to arrive at the White cliffs of Dover, get to Hardians wall then get back to Nottingham all within 24 hours. You would struggle to do that in a car let alone on foot!

Must stop ramblings about historical accuracy otherwise I'll start going on about the tudors!

Work was good but also extremly busy as I had a lot of books to distribute around the building, which did take it's time. But I was able to get it all done by the end of the day which is the most important thing.

I got home to find it all a bit Marie celestish as there was vegatables in pans a pie in the oven, but no Grumpy. Who had, had to pop out for a few minutes but forgot to leave me a note. Still atleast he was back fairly quickly before I had to try and figure out whatever point dinner was too.

Well one more day and then it's the weekend.

Later folks!

No comments: