Friday, January 23, 2009

That's not the way to do it

Anyone who was reading yesterday may remember me mentioning that today I was going to be playing my first game of Warhammer historical as part of that project I'm doing for work. As you may have guessed by the title of this post the game did not go well. Or to put it another way my army was pounded! I managed to kill one model from the oppositions army. Just one! To say the dice againist me seemes like an understatement. I was sure they were loaded dice at one point. Still even though I lost several people said I could claim a moral victory as my army was painted. My opponents was not, as some of her models were not just unpainted, they weren't even undercoated either! Which I know may not seem like a huge issue but it's a pretty big issue at HQ to see people playing with unpainted models. We're talking major heresy. One person even suggested I should have refused to play him!

As you can see some people take gaming very seriousily indeed. You can also see why some people think gamers should get out more :-)

Work was good if very busy as I seemed to have a lot of meetings today. Which is strange for a Friday. I also had to take Grumpys car to work as one of my headlights went in my car yesterday and needed to be replaced. Grumpy said it would be easier if I took his for today and he took mine to the garage to get a new bulb. Of course I did have to put some petrol in on the way into work. Which I'm sure provided a great source of amusement to the girl manning the petrol station as when i pulled into the station I parked up 'automatically' forgetting that there's one important difference between Grumpys car and mine. Yes, the petrol cap is on the other side of the car!

Oh well, if that's the stupidist mistake I make this week I will be happy. I did notice however that the cost of petrol is creeping up again. I'm not sure why that is the case.

Anyway it's the weekend now so time to forget work for a couple of days and how much my skills at historical suck right now. In my defence it was my first ever game so hopefully things will get better.

I hope,

I did notice in the news that a Guardmen outside of St James palace lost his temper with a mickey taking student (thats uni student not school student) and rushed at him giving him a clip round the back of the head and aimed a kick at him. Unfortunatly for the guard the incident was caught on camera and he's probably in a whole lot of trouble now. Apparently a friend of the student who was recording the whole event ( including the student taking the mickey out of the guardsmen, the footage is probably alreadyon you tube) said they stopped filming as they were frightened and thought "Oh My God, he's got a gun and he's going for Nick". He grabbed him and tried to boot him. " Oh well maybe the whole saga has taught the student a valuable lesson. Making fun of a man with a gun is never a good idea.

Anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: