Thursday, January 08, 2009

I wonder what the insurance would be on that

In the news today in Lincolnshire UFO enthusiasts are claiming damage to a wind farm turbine was caused by a UFO.The turbine lost one 66ft (20m) blade and another was badly damaged in the early hours of Sunday. So if these enthusiasts are correct and it was damaged by a UFO they obivousily believe that there are aliens out there who have the technology and craft to leave their homeworld, travel intergalactic distances to observe us but yet somehow fail to notice a Wind turbine before they fly into it! Of course if they are right theres probably a bunch of aliens flying around bemoaning the loss of their billion mile no claims discount!

Yes folks in case you haven't guess it's been another one of those odd days today where it seems like I've had lots to do and I've done lots but not really seemed to get anything done if that makes any sense?

Interesting movie news. A new Judge Dredd film has been greenlit which is great news. Well it can't be any worse then the orginal with me Sly " I knew you'd say that' stallone. Seriousily, I knew you'd say that isn't even a Dredd catchphrase. But I suppose to be fair that movie did have some flashes of the 'normal' Dredd character from the comics. Like near the beginning where he proceeds to place two whole city blocks under arrest all by himself.

And it also seems that the vogue for trying to resurrect film franchises is catching as the trailer for the new film Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li has just been released. It looks interesting in a " it will be a bit of mindless fun to watch for a hour or so" that is if most people don't get distracted by Kristen " Lana lang from Smallville" Kleuk appering in it and spend most of the time wondering when superman will turn up.

Well only one more day until the weekend which should be fun as I have a urge to build something using my stash of model bitz in the garage. No idea what, mind you I guess I'll just see where inspiration takes me.

Later folks!

No comments: