Friday, July 11, 2008

Oh there's that rain

Well it seems that the heavy rain we've been forcast finally arrived today, or at least I hope it did otherwise we might have problems :-)

On the plus side I only had a half day today as I'm going to be helping in a store tomorrow for a release of a new game. It should be a interesting experience as I've never been in a store 'working' before and I should be a help to the guys in the store by giving them a extra pair of hands to help on their busyist day of the year.

As I was on a half day I went into Nottingham Town centre after I left work to meet Grumpy as he wanted me to show him where a model railway shop was that he wanted to look in and of course as soon as I got into the town centre it started to rain. Really, really rain and within a few minutes I was absolutly drenched. When I met Grumpy he found it highly amusing because as he had been in a shopping centre he hadn't got wet at all.

Well at the very least he did find the shop good and got himself a couple of bits for his trains. It's nice to see him starting a hobby and it might even keep him out of trouble. I was also able to pick up a few modelling bits and pieces. It's amazing the types of plasticard you can get this days, especially the one with the rivet patterns and I've just realised most of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. Well now he knows where the shop is he should be able to find it himself in future, as he gets free bus travel and can get into Nottingham a lot easier and cheaper then I can. Mind you I say 'should' as I know what he's like.

We also went and did the shopping today, after visiting the model shop which proved a interesting challenge as the car park was flooded making getting to the trolleys and ticket machine a exercise in finding the shallow bits. Prices have gone up again which is annoying but not a whole lot we can do about it.

I've spent a large chunk of the evening painting. I've now finished what I aimed to get done so I'm already for the top secret project.

Which is still top secret before you ask :-)

later folks!

No comments: