Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Finishing Touches

Looking back on this the first week of the last month of 2009 from somepoint in the far future, I will probably look on this week as a week of endings.

This week is the last week of my training and starting from next week I will be assigned to a new team. I don't know yet which team I will be assigned to or if I will be put in a team with any of the others from my training cohort. I could very well end up by myself. It's that kind of exciting/nerve wracking feeling, as I will shortly be dealing with the christmas rush as well as getting to know new colleagues whilst still learning. I'm certainly not confident/stupid enough to think I know everything yet.

The second reason why I will look on this as a week of endings as I finally recieved the last bits of paperwork and other bits and pieces from my old job. Which I kinda guess because the official 'end' on the almost seven years I spent there even though I officially ended there a month ago and left the office for the last time almost two months ago. It wasn't as weird as I thought, as I guess I've gotten used to what happened. Time and the world have moved on, there's no point on dwelling on it. I've seen what happens to people who were let go from that company who can't let it go. It ain't pretty.

Even if it's very weird to see photos from the office on facebook. A new one went up today and my first thought was " Oh you can't see my desk" then of course I thought, no wait it's no longer my desk. I also noticed that when somebody asked me about my old job today I used the term they rather then we.

Anyway, moving on.

We had a sharp frost this morning which meant another frantic search high and low for the de-icer which took me a long time to find. Mainly as th last time I used it I actually put it in thec ar so I'd know where it was, then promptly forgot where I put it. Even with the de-icer it took a long time to clear the windscreen. One of the guys at work said he had used boiling water to clean his windscreen and seemed surprised when we told him you should never do that. He then proceeded to ask lots of others and seemed even more surprised when he got the same answer from everyone.

The weathermen are forcasting a mild winter again but I'll believe that when I see it or in the case of the weather right now " Hear it". ( it's raining so I can hear the rain hitting the window even though it's dark outside.....dark at night what are the odds.)

Based on some comments I've recieved from people in relation to a post from a few days ago it seems that my superhero alter ego superpower would be to leap out of bed in a morning in a single bound, Monday mornings would be kryptonite, the chink in my armour would that I don't know everything at my new job yet, I'm a womanizer and I speak like Duffman from the Simpsons. I guess that would make me Saxon Man and I would have to speak in the third person.

Saxon man says he wouldn't be the best superhero but he would still be great..... oh yeah.....

Later folks.

No comments: