Thursday, December 03, 2009

High energy

Grumpy was worried the other day that I was already loosing my enthusiasm for my new role as I seemed to be a bit down when i came from.

That's far from the case, is what more a case that I am finding the pace of the work a bit tiring. My last job to be honest wasn't the most highly paced job in the world. My new job is very much the flipside of the coin pace wise, it's fast , high energy and constant which is still proving to be a bit hard to get used to. Despite my best efforts some habits are hard to shake, especially when you've been doing them for almost seven years.

Not that I'm not making progress in getting used to it ( if that makes sense). My caffine intake has dwindled to almost nothing and I haven't had any chocolate in weeks. Plus I'm drinking a lot of water each day which should be doing more good then the coke I used to have.

We were assigned our teams today and to be honest it was a touch anti-climatic as we're all going to be staying with the same team we were training with. We should get assigned our permanant desks tomorrow as it's our last 'proper' day of training. I feel that I am grasping the systems now quite well and probably as well as I could be but not as well as I would like. Once again that's probably my weakness of being my own worst enemy as nobody can beat me up like me when it comes to little errors I should just forget.

Still my new found sense of optimisim ( still hanging around somewhat to my surprise) is trying to steer me away from this. I've only just finished my first month, I've still got five to go before my probabation ends. I've still got lots to learn but lots of time to learn it in and get it right.

now if only everything else in my life was that easy.

Later folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey saxon,

cant believe it was 7 years at the old place. Its good for you to make a change and have fast paced experience too, so that's a good positive right there.

I stopped drinking coke just a few weeks ago (i used to drink one bottle - 500ml or whatever it was) at lunchtime every weekday. Sometimes diet, sometimes regular.

But since I stopped its been really positive. I feel a lot better and it has kick-staretd my metabolism to help me lose weight and its been a big improvement.

I do drink more tea though now. but I feel a lot less hungry. I think the bubbles in the coke bloats out your stomach so you feel full, but later you feel emptyer and hungryer. I dont get hungry at all now i dont drink fizzy drinks.

How about you? Did you notice this?
Drat