Monday, November 30, 2009

Sure as Sure can be

Theres been two main things about today that I've found annoying. Firstly it's got even colder and I don't like being cold. But we have managed to sort out the automatic timer on the central heating so at least it comes on and warms the house up before I get up in the morning.

Secondly it's certainly been 'one of those days' when everything seemed to go well if not wrong, not right. Or to put it another way I seemed totally unable to catch even the smallest of small breaks.

I think though I'll just follow Grumpys advice in this situation, as well as my new attempted optomisitic outlook and just forget it and move on. Onwards and upwards, forwards not back, looking to the future, insert generic inspiring cliche here etc.

I have to admit that I am finding it easier to maintain a optomistic attitude more of the time ( no really) but in a way it's down to my new job in that if I was to get downhearted and pessimistic I would find it very difficult to turn it around as the workload is just so constant. I would probably just spend me time hiding under my desk.

Or to put it another way I tihnk I'm getting better at not dwelling on anything that goes wrong or anything I can't change.

In geek news Torchwood is coming back. Yessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo! Awesome! It's great because it would have been so mean to leave it where they did at the end of season 3. Although it does mean that there will be new team members. Although I don't know if people should forgive Jack for what he did at the end of season three. Making a heavily pregnant women walk up a very tall hill is not the sort of gallant thing we should expect from Captain Jack harkness.

Although I'll love to see if Torchwood will be 'out in the public view'as it were or if they have to come up with one heck of a explanation as to why theres now a giant crater in the middle of cardiff.

We have our institute christmas meal on Friday. In a serious break from tradition we're actually going out for a meal. Whether or not this is down to the fact that Brother H had some spare budget or the girls just didn't want to risk the guys cooking is still a matter of debate.

Anyway,

Later folks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! check out Saxon on his new, motivational speaking blog!

Saxon said...

probably won't last.

Motivational speaking of a Geek doesn't quite have the same ring to it :-)

Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I contemplate the brief should secure more info then it has.