Saturday, December 12, 2009

English?

I wondered if there was a sign today that I am getting old as whilst christmas shopping I looked at the list of items that my nieces and nephews want for christmas and I had to wonder if what my youngest niece wanted was actually written in English. Now usually I can understand a lot of stuff and chatter away about stuff that the average non geeky person will not understand in the slightist, but the list of items had me stumped. I finally had to ask one of the shop assistants if she could translate and point me in the right direction. She did so with her kindest smile which seemed to say " you obivously don't have kids do you? Otherwise you would know what this was wouldn't you?"

It was extremely busy in town but as Grumpy was away for the day I wasn't in a rush and was able to take my time. Or at least as much time as you can take in shops packed full of christmas shoppers.

After much pondering I also decided to attend a author signing event of one of the newest releases from my old place of work. I know some people might be baffled at the amount of contact I still have with my old company as most people when their made redundent thats the last they have to do with them. But in my case I was working for the people who made my hobby, so I would have to give up my main hobby to have no contact and that's not something I want to do. I enjoy my hobby too much.

Anyway the signing was fine if a little strange to be talking to a author from postion of fan boy/civilian as opposed to a member of staff but hey I guess that's something I'll just have to get used to. Besides at least I know have a new book to read. Besides at the rate I'm reading these days it might even last me a whole week.

Asides from that it was a pretty quiet day. It was cold though and apparently their forcasting very cold weather this week which doesn't fill me with a sense of happyness as regular readers will now all about my ( I would say understandable) adversion to driving in icey conditions.

anyway,

Later folks

No comments: