Sunday, July 19, 2009

A whole new level of epic (part 2)

I arrived into the show and met up with Engineseer just in time to see the B-52 land which was annoying as I would have loved to get some photos of that in flight.

Still on the plus side I had arrived just in time to catch the red arrows display which was awesome on just so many levels. I really would have been gutted to miss that. We sat and watched the display in some folding chairs we had bought which were really quite awesome even if I had getting up from mine everytime we sat down.

Once I've finished playing with the photo editor I will post some pics as some need a little work. It was harder then you'd think to take photos of fast moving aircraft with a digital camera as not only do you have to locate the aircraft in the screen, you then have to contend with the sunlight reflecting off the screen which makes a hard job even harder.

We then spent the next couple of hours wandering up and down the show looking at all of the aircraft and some of the stands. The most pointless stand was run by Dyson which showed off their 'airblade' system of drying your hand and the stand literally was going in, washing your hands and then drying them.

We saw some A-10s which Engineseer especially liked and walked through a C-17 which he was also quite keen on but seemed disappointed when I told him that no he couldn't get one.

We found some space to set up our chairs again and watch the rest of the afternoon's flying including the Vulcan a awesome bomber which everybody jumped up to see as it's just such a beautiful aircraft and it's engines had that deep roar that just resonates inside your chest.

We then looked round some more aircraft before catching the bus back to the far end of the airfield as it was open topped and it seemed like a fun thing to do.

Finally we did some more looking round as we waiting for the crowds to dispese a little bit as I wasn't looking forward to facing the traffic again. Plus it looked like the weather was closing in as somehow it had refrained from raining for the whole day which really surprised me to be honest.

However all fun days must come to a end eventually and At last it was time for me to face the traffic once more and I wasn't filled with confidence as the radio station said that traffic was moving slowly. However compared to the morning it was moving at warp speed as it only took me a hour to travel the same distance it took me three hours to travel in the morning.

I arrived home shortly after 9pm, tired but happy as I had, had a very fun day and was glad engineseer had invited me to go to the show. I was surprised however when Grumpy remarked that I had caught the sun as I hadn't thought their had been that much sun to catch. Checking a mirror I could see he was right as my noise and cheeks were very red, which he kept saying gave me a healthy glow. I just thought it gave me a red glow but we all have our own view points I suppose.

No comments: