Thursday, July 09, 2009

Little creepy

Due to various reasons I'm still not sure of but may include some/all or none of the following, leaving early, holes in the space time continuim, upgrading the car with warp drive, putting rocket fuel in the car instead of unleaded, finding a wormhole, or using a helecopter I ended up getting to Nottingham early enough to catch the earlier bus, which meant I had a little while to kill before the shop opened.


So to pass the time I went for a little wander round some other shops and came across something which might have seemed like a good idea at the time to whoever thought it up but it just comes across as creepy now. For those of you who live under rocks or on Mars, or even under rocks on Mars Michael jacksons tour in the UK was called 'This is it' or at least that's the name I've heard most people refer to it as and one shop is now selling a t-shirt with the slogan " This is it" across the front and above it is a image of Michael jackson from the thriller video. Yes that's right they've used the image of his as a zombie.


All I can say about that is d'oh!


We had a quiet day today which meant we were able to catch up on some jobs which mainly included painting a lot of terrain which was quite fun as I got to paint a huge armoured bastion/tower which proved to be quite a challenge especially when it came to figuring out how to paint rust. Which might not sound that interesting but it was, honest.

Okay maybe you had to be there.

I thought I was going to see a fight on the way home on the Bus as a OAP squared off to bunch of chavs and I have no problem referring to them as such as they were all the walking, talking perfect chav stereotypes. Fortunatly nothing did kick off as I really didn't want to get caught in the middle of anything like that but to be honest I'm not sure who I would have placed my money onto win, the old guy or the chavs as he did look quite tough.

It's episode four of Torchwood tonight and Grumpy has very kindly agreed to forgo watching the mentalist this week so I can see it. I can't wait it's been so coll so far this week. My only complaint is that it's going to be over tomorrow and who knows when the fourth series will arrive?

Anyway,

Later folks

2 comments:

Scully said...

Question - what is a 'chav'? I have heard the name before, but I'm a bit fuzzy on what it means. Just curious. Thanks!

Saxon said...

acording to wilipedia a chav is is a derogatory term applied to certain young people in the United Kingdom. The stereotypical "chav" is an aggressive teenager or young adult, who is usually, though not always, of working class background, who often engages in anti-social behaviour,and is often assumed to be unemployed or in a low paid job. they also often wear caps and burberry clothing