Wednesday, July 29, 2009

and the word of the day is...

Rain which quite frankly is the only word which could possibily apply because it basically hasn't stopped raining from when I got up this morning till about now to be honest. It's just been a really constant heavy rain.


Fortunatly for me Grumpy allowed me to borrow his golfing umbrella which meant I stayed fairly dry walking too and from the bus. However as the rain and wind were so heavy I had to keep the umbrella pretty low down which at times made seeing where I was going a rather interesting challenge. ( I almost collided with a building at one point.) Still at least I got to work almost dry rather then having to squelch around for the whole day.


well mostly, my shoes did get a bit wet but I stayed in front of the fans as much as I could and they dried pretty quickly.


Despite the rain it was actually quite a good day and I spent sometime in between helping customers and painting geothemal power plants pondering my secondment and realised that I have learnt a lot and hopefully has been very successful. But I guess I'll have to await the final verdict on that from the boss. It's going to be very weird going back to the office next week and I expect it will probably take a little while to get my 'office head' back on.


Coming home was a interesting experience as the amount of water about on the roads was simply incredible. The Drains had obivously become overwhelmed by the sheer amount of rain that had fallen and the water was starting to collect on the roads in huge pudles ( I'm sure theres a better word but I can't think of it right now). Of course these bad conditions only served to do what they always do. That's right bring out the mad and scatter brained drivers!


I've spent most of the evening hard at work on a birthday present for one of my friends from uni. I hope she likes it after all the time it's taken as I'm sure she won't be expecting it. ( I hope).


This has reminded me that another project I've had on the back burner for a long while really needs to be finished. For those of you with long memories or know how to use the seach function I created 'top secret project one' a book of all of the photos I had taken for Engineseer as a leaving present. Several people were interested in getting their own copies but I resisted as I wanted his present to remain one of a kind. I did produce a new version or 'volume 2' for Traveller and her sister as Christmas presents which will also remain one of a kind ( Yes I know there are two but you know what I mean!). Basically I will be producing a 'volume 3' which I will make avalabile to anyone who wants it. It will run from at least 2006 to now and will include chapters and photos from Nemesis's farewell trip to bradgate park, Institute meals, the national YSA conferences, Engineseers farewell and more.

It will take me a little while to finish but I'll say when it is and if anyone's interested in getting a copy let me know.

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: