Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Back on the air

For those of you who may have noticed the lack of blog posts for the last two days there is a very simple reason for the lack of blogage. I was ill as I managed to pick up a virus from somewhere. Yes in these days of swine flu it's easy to forget that there are still other run of the mill but still nasty viruses floating about out there. I will spare you all the full and gory details as it were but suffice to say I haven't been that ill in a while and wouldn't mind if it's a long time before I am again. I even had to take a day off work which should give people who know me well a indication of how nasty a bug it was as it takes a lot to put me down for the count.


Unfortunatly with such a nasty bug the inevitable has happened and Grumpy is now coming down with it much to his displeasure ( understandbly as he saw what it did to me). Quite what we'll do with regards to taking Owen for walks during the day now is anyones guess.


I was cheering a few weeks back that Futurama is making a full series return. However I am now less then happy as it appears that the original cast has now all been dumped over pay disputes and new people will be voicing all of the characters which just sucks on so many levels and will probably kill the shows revivial. It doesn't matter how good the scripts are if all you're thinking about is how Bender doesn't sound like Bender and the new Zapp is much worse then the old one.


The 'new' Doctor who has just started filming his first episodes in cardiff, in what seems like a very strange outfit. His companion will also be called Amy pond. I just hope no one uses the phrase " Hey up me duck" to her otherwise I'll just be sniggering for the rest of the series.


A interesting rumour to come out of this however is what David Tennant will be doing next. Apparently he is a contender for the role of Bilbo in the new Hobbit film. Which would be a interesting choice indeed.


Speaking of hobbits I've almost finished painting the four hobbits of the fellowship. I'm moving onto Gandalf next. Should be a interesting challenge all those greys.


Later folks!

No comments: