Saturday, July 04, 2009

No plan survives first contact with the enemy

It's been a pretty hectic day today. Work was extremly busy as it was a 'release weekend' which is a technical term meaning a lot of new shiny models were released today. So if theres a big release it's a 'release weekend'.

Yeah I know, not exactly hard to grasp is it?

I had other problems to content with today however as both of the heels on my trainers yesterday somehow choose the exact same moment to collapse rendering them unwearable. This meant I only had my church shoes which are fine for church but after 7 and a half hours of standing around it was starting to feel like something had been chewing on my feet.

So first business of the day on Monday will be a hunt for some new shoes to wear.

Still this minor problem aside it was a shock to realise that this was indded the end of my second
week of secondment . I'm now a third of the way through! The time is moving so fast. Please excuse me if I have said that before as it's late and me brainee no thinkee and workee soo gud rite now.

After work we had a staff game which was a lot of fun even if my side got so painfully pummelled I'm sure we'll loose the next game as well. Still I'm sure my Dwarf army will return and take revenge on those that wronged them even if it's likely the best they'll be able to manage is a moral victory :-)

Later folks!

2 comments:

drat said...

i always make sure i keep a spair pair of shoes in my car for such emergencies.

If I really love a pair of shoes I always by two of the same kind (well, 4 of the same kind but you know what I mean)

Take a tip from ANY girl, you can never have too many pairs of shoes.

You should ALWAYS have 2 pairs of smart dress shoes, some cool shoes for a night out, and a couple of pairs of sports shoes, and then one really trendy exculsive pair for when you're on the red carpet at cannes!!! (ok, thats not for everybody but it happens to me!!)

Saxon said...

I have now invested in a back up set of trainers.