Thursday, July 23, 2009

Going backwards

I seem to have been fated the last few times I've been on the bus to and from work to end up in a seat that faces backwards. Now intitially I didn't really like the sensation of going backwards as I prefer to see where I'm going but I have to admit I'm slowly starting to get used to it, as it can be quite amusing sometimes as to what you can see that you would miss going forwards.

This evening for example I saw one mothers interesting way of trying to get her little son to stop picking his nose. She tells him that every times he does that he's actually picking out his brains and will be dumb and stupid when he grows up if he doesn't stop.

Not that the lad paid much attention. Maybe he's already cleaned himself out.

I also had a rather curious occurence today of getting a sensation of motion sickness whilst in the store. I was trying to paint up some bits for the store and I had people talking on both sides, music from behind me and the table I was using was wobberly and two kids were using it to rol ldice so I was trying to concentrate on the model in hand as it were and I could see the table moving back and forward, back and forward. Fortunatly after a couple of minutes fresh air the feeling quickly passed but it was strange as I don't think theres many times where you can get motion sickness whilst standing still in a middle of a store.

I have two more days this week and then it will be into my last week which seems weird as it really doen't seem like five weeks have passed since I started this secondment. It's also a bit weird as I find I have two heads now ( not literal ones before anybody asks although that might be cool and some people might even argue that would be an improvement) a retail head and a office head as I keep finding myself refering to 'we' in both instances if that makes any sense. If it doesn't just put it down to my usual rambling and move along, nothing else to see here in this paragraph.

just move along.

Later folks

No comments: