Sunday, July 26, 2009

Through the keyhole

Now as regular readers will know and I know there are some of you out there ( google anayltics tells me so) one of my callings is to produce the weekly ward bulletin/program/whatever it is it's getting called this week which means I have to get to the chapel half an hour before the start of church to give myself enough time to photocopy the right number, fold them and distribute them round the chapel.

However something rather strange happened this morning as when I got to the chapel it was still locked, and the car park as well which meant I joined a queue of two cars, two people who had biked in and four very confused missionaries as we wondered what to do next. As time ticked by with glacial slowness more and more people started to turn up leading to a growing queue of cars parked on the road and people milling about on the road which probably confused the heck out of anyone who was passing. " Look it's a group of people up and about before 9am on a Sunday. Keep driving they might be crazy!" Although I suppose depending on your point of view there might be no 'might' about it.

As the minutes ticked by I wondered if we were going to break the law of probablity as in a ward of a 100+ active people as surely somebody with a key should have turned up by that point. However I did bear in mind that bending the laws of probablity seemed to have become my new superpower of the weekend as while showing somebody a intro game on Saturday I just kept rolling six's. Mind you that's probably by whole supply of sixes for the year but never mind.

Finally someone did arrive with keys and we were able to get into the chapel for just after 9.16am, cue lots of running about from muggins here as I tried to get the bulletins copied, folded and distrubuted whilst trying to maintain at least a small sembelance of calm and coolness.

Although I probably failed miserably.

They are now forcasting some improved weather for August which will be good as it seems to be shaping up to be the month of BBQ's. There will be a ward YSA one, the annual ward one and a stake YSA one. Which is a lot of BBQs I'm sure you'll agree. Quite how that happened I have no idea.

Apparently Orlando Bloom has turned down a fourth pirates of the carribean film to spend more time with his new girlfriend. I'm sure the fact that the last one was panned by most people had nothing to do with that decision at all.

anyway,

Later folks

No comments: