Saturday, July 11, 2009

Awesome

is the only word I can think of to describe the last episode of season three of torchwood. My only fear is that as the ending was a bit 'final' it might be the last we see of Torchwood. However the ratings are supposed to have been a smash and we can only hope that this encourages the BBC to commission season 4.

It's really difficult not to wax lyrical about the whole series but I will refrain for now in case any of my American readers plan on watching it. I'll just mention three of the highlights from last night episode. Firstly Captain Jacks decision, was the sacrifice of one life for millions worth it? Secondly the master stroke of a scene which shows it's what you don't see which is more horrifying, where a Father faces a impossible choice. And last PC Andy's decision. Now I like the character of Andy he's very much a secondary character but he's clearly devoted to his friend Gwen even though she can be a bit of a cow when dealing with him sometimes, and I found the scene where he stands alone wondering what to do before dropping his body armour to race into a riot to help protect the children extremly powerful.

It showed that the BBC is still capable of producing TV sci-fi or otherwise to match the best of the shows from the USA.

It was a lloooonnnggg day today because as you can imagine it's always busier on Saturdays. To be fair it was quiet to begin with then all of a sudden the shop seemed to fill with people and it all went mental! Still it was a lot of fun and I got to play several intro games to show people how our games work. In 40k the Orks still can't hit the broadside of a barn and in LOTR Frodo continues to keep getting away with that Ring. Trickseh hobbit he is.

I also decided for Lunch that I was going to do something different and try going to subway as I admited the other day that I had never been there to someone and I got the sort of look that you would expect from someone when you insult one of their children. I did have a bit of a 'is that it moment' once I paid for my sub but then again I suppose that it is part down to me being a fussy eater so I don't like about three quarters of their options.

The BBC has now cancelled Robin hood but I suppose it made sense after the death of three major characters ( I won't say who in case any of my US readers watch the show).

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: