Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Boom dakka Bang

It was all change this morning as I had to take Grumpys car to work as he was taking mine to the garage to get the small repair that it needed to pass it's MOT. The garage was able to get it sorted quickly and so I now have my car back plus a nice new MOT certificate for another year.

We had a quieter day today which meant that we had a chance to start constructing some new terrain for use on the gaming boards which was a lot of fun especially as I got to put together and paint all of the observation stations and interceptor cannons as I've come up with a good way of painting metallics. Which might sound a strange thing to say but it's a lot harder to paint realistic metallic colours then you'd think.

But no stranger then gettign a rock from the garden painting it black then repainting it to look like a rock. And that's another long story which I won't bore you with here.

I started watching the Fellowship of the Ring tonight before the third part of Torchwood, as I've started to become really interested in the Lord of the Rings again. I have now in fact got the whole fellowship sitting on my painting table ready to start whenI get a moment. I might post a photo if I like my resulting efforts.

Torchwood episode two last night was brilliant. There's something ever so british about a jailbreak involving a JCB. Episode three tonight was a bit slow as the pace slackened but ended on a very foreboding note and a 'twist' which was unfortunatly a touch to easy to work out. but despite that I'm looking forward to the rest of the series with bated breath!

Anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: