Monday, July 06, 2009

Watch out Irony is about

Well the car went in for it's MOT this morning and it failed. Darn it!

Which may have been my fault for thinking it had it's service only a month ago and everything was ticked off in the green so it's sure to pass. It seems that a small bit in the suspension broke since the service and has to be replaced. Still on the plus side it's being done this week so it means I don't have to pay for two MOTs and the cost of the repair will only be in two figures which as the man at the garage said is very good for car that is almost ten years old.

I spent the rest of the day rushing about doing the shopping, getting some new shoes ( and some new socks too, woah! Going crazy in my spending there I know. Plus there all plain black ones which should make it easier for me in the mornings as I am one of the walking stereotypes of men who can't find their socks) and getting my hair cut. Which took much longer then usual plus was more exspensive as they've just put their prices up again. It's now £8.

Now I was rushing around, Grumpy however was not as he's done something to his back. Now I'm sure it's his back but Grumpy did have a touch of lets go to the worst scenario possible and started imagining everything it could be. The short of it is that he can't move very well which meant someone needed to take Owen out.

And who could that be?

Mind you I'm starting to see what could have caused Grumpys bad back as I can barely keep hold of Owen when he starts pulling and I'm not exactly on the small side!

In between cursing the fates and getting the shopping I spent most of the day reading up about the Lord of the Rings tabletop game and figuring out how it all worked. It certainly seems a easy game to play but hard to master. I found some LOTR figures in the garage and thought I would give painting them a go. I don't have gollum however which is a shame as it would give me a perfect excuse to bound around the house making jokes about the preciousss.... and confusing the heck out of Grumpy.

Week three of my secondment starts tomorrow which I'm looking forward to as it's been a lot of fun so far and we're about to start getting into the really, really, really mega interesting stuff. Which will hopefully involve building some more terrain as I'm starting to really enjoy that. Hmmm now do we have room to cram another table in the garage I wonder??

anyway,

Later folks.

2 comments:

drat said...

show us your new haircut!!! you never put any photos up of yourself!!!

come on saxon! (im sure you can blurr your eyes out like a police video if you want to stay fully secret, but since 99% of us know who you are, share the love!!!)

also, time to get a new car I think!!!

Saxon said...

I'm one of these people who nevers likes having photos taken of them and is always convinced I look horrible in photos.

which is why I always prefer to be the one taking them.