Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Glowing return

Sorry Engineseer couldn't resist that title and to the rest of you all will become clear in a moment.

I woke up this morning and promptly went straight back to sleep. Fortunatly Grumpy was up early banging about which woke me up meaning I didn't oversleep.

I headed for the chapel to do the usual things with the bulletins and was distrubting them around the chapel when a thought struck me. Engineseer was due to be coming to Loughborough and if I had caught the sun I'm sure he had as well but how bad?

Well the answer wasn't long in coming, if I had caught a little bit of the Sun, Engineseer had caught the rest of it as his whole head was pretty much bright red. Or as photoshop would later put it, your like one of those things that you charge up during the day and glows at night, you look like your glowing.

Not that I can talk much as the places where I had caught the sun were pretty red by this point as well.

Photoshop gave a talk this morning which he had put on his blog if you wanted to read it, look in the blog roll for my family news.

For once the YSA class was a bit packed so much so that Traveller was going to sit on the floor. However I insisted she take my chair despite her protests as there was no way I was going to let a girl sit on the floor no matter how much she claimed she preferred it. However this line of conversation/arguing was cut short as some other people arrived with chairs meaning that nobody had to sit on the floor.

We then found it was Non-spiltters last sunday as she is leaving to the USA this week. It was bittersweet to see her go as it's another one of my friends going to another country as they rarely come back but it was good to get a chance to say goodbye. It also made me realise that I know so many people out there now that if I ever do get enough money together to go on Holiday to the USA I should be more then okay for blagging some free accomodation :-)

It was then time to say goodbye to Engineseer as he was off to see family before heading back to Luxembourg tomorrow. I found it very weird with his car as I kept wondering why he was getting in 'the wrong side' of it forgetting it wasn't a english car.

I couldn't help but feel slightly depressed driving home as saying goodbye to my friends as they leave for other countries is certainly not getting any easier and it's a bit hard to shake a feeling that I'll be the one 'turning off the lights as it were'. But I quickly scolded myself for that line of thinking, as I shouldn't let myself get depressed as I don't have a basement or a attic I can skulk around in feeling sorry for myself. Besides the national conference is nearly here and after that there will be a new insitute course and who knows what will happen. It's a new game board, a clean slate, zero scores, insert generic game cliche here, etc, etc, etc.

Still despite that one brief slip into depressiveness it's been a really quite enjoyable weekend, and I've had lots of fun epic traffic jams aside.

This afternoon, well I've been busy doing nothing really. Which whilst not constructive is still fun in it's own way.

I've got tomorrow off, then it will be the start of week five of my secondment and it's likely to be a interesting one with a shop full of kids.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what's thrown at me, in a what sort of opportunities will arise sense not actual things beings thrown at me sense. At least I hope that will be the case otherwise I will just have to practise my ducking skills.

Anyway,

Later folks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey saxon, dont feel bad.

if you are worried about being left behind, why dont you try taking a year out, or a sabatical or something? it might be a good chance to work your way around europe or backpack or travel or something.

If you dont like it you can always come back, but you may as well try.

When I took a year abroad it was the best thing in my life. I loved it.

you can always get a eurostar over to france and drive your car around from place to place. put some camping stuff in the back of the car, and have an adventure, see who you meet, its great for confidence.

You could always set out for a random 2 week holiday, totaly unplanned, and just go wherever.

As long as you have your medical insurance for about £30 online and you have £250 just incase something goes wrong you can always get a ferry back to the UK, thats all you need.

could be fun, and you will see what you are missing out on.

you dont need to permanantly leave, just travel for a few weeks and if you like it.... see what happens.....!