Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Sailing Away

The weather has been playing up a bit today, going from sunny to rainy at a drop of a hat. Which is slightly annoying when trying to figure out what coat to take with you as because if you make the wrong decision as Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes would say " After one short downpour you become ludiciously attired for the rest of the day.

Due to light traffic I got into Nottingham slightly earlier then I needed to so I took the chance to have a quick browse around the shops as I realised after reading up on Lord of the rings I only had Return of the King on DVD and not the first two films as I only had them on video! So I was keen to find them and I managed to luck out as they were in the HMV sale for only £10 for the pair.

I got to the shop to discover we had, had a problem yesterday as our basement had flooded ( along with several other shops) fortunatly not too badly ( about 5cm at most), nothing important was damaged like stock or anything electronic but the carpet was throughly soaked but it still required us to call some cleaners out, Who were actually quite chatty and were fascinated by the shop and what we sold which I suppose makes sense as there's few business's like ours. Fortunatly although the basement had been flooded the shop floor was fine and things chugged along at their usual interesting pace. Plus my new shoes held up very well.

The first episode of torchwood last night was brilliant. It was very creepy with all the children stopping dead then chanting in perfect unison " We, we, we are, we are, we are coming....." Events moved quickly and they have at last toned down the references to Captain Jacks sexuality. There was only one kiss in last nights episode and it wasn't gratious as I think anybody would kiss their partner/ girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/ wife before they are about to be blown up by a bomb in their stomach ( and now I'm not going to explain how that got there).

I've got to sign off now as episode two is about to start.

Later folks!

No comments: