Monday, July 13, 2009

Roadways and waterways

The day actually started out good today, clear blue skies, bright sunshine. I even took my sunglasses with me when I went to catch the bus as I thought I might need them on the way home.

I didn't need to have bothered.

It started to rain by early afternoon and not just a light rain, I'm talking mega death you spend longer then two seconds in it you'll get soaked rain. By later afternoon the roads were doing a very good impression of waterways and the buses were leaving bow waves that would do some ships proud. Fortunatly the pavement outside of the shop slopes downhill and has a drainage bit in the middle which meant the water was getting no where near the front door.

One of our regular gamers did get caught out in the rain and got throughly drenched as he was only wearing a t-shirt, shorts and sandals. He was doing a very good impression of something that looked like it had drowned be it a rat or otherwise.

I've just realised that this years conference is just under seven weeks away and as regular readers will know it is the one time of the year where there will be a break in transmission for three days whilst I'm away. But never fear as with the last three years I will be giving the conference an extensive write up of everything I got up to. I just hope that I can once again make some new friends this year as I will as last year be going by myself! Which even though I went by myself last year is still a nerve wracking prospect.

Still I survived that so I'm sure I'll survive this :-)

Later folks

1 comment:

Sian said...

wow, sounds very wet! I'm sure you'll more than survive the conference, and have a great time