Friday, July 03, 2009

I don't think this was what they had in mind

I can't remember who it was exactly but before I started my secondment somebody said that I should enjoy it as much as possible as it was a good chance to see things from another angle. I had cause to reflect on this comment this morning as the angle I was seeing at that point was one I'm sure they did not have in mind. But then again even I was expecting to be looking upside down at a sink as I attempted to dry my wet hair under a hand dryer.

Before you wonder if I have finally snapped and gone totally round the bend allow me to explain. The hot weather finally broke this morning with a rather intense rain shower which would have been fun to look at if I had been inside. Unfortunatly I was not inside and managed to get a bit wet whilst getting to the shop. Fortunatly I had taken my coat with me as I hadn't liked the look of the sky which meant I didn't get as wet as I could have done but I was still quite damp. So with no towels other then paper towels in the shop I had to resort to trying to use the hand dryer in the loos to try and dry my rather wet hair at that point. But as it is in a awkward place I ended up having to do a lot of awkward manoevring to get my head under. Which is why I was looking at the world from a rather diffirent angle :-)

The rain continued for most of the morning which meant it was a lot cooler today that it has been. However the temperature suddenyl ramped up again suddenly in the afternoon which meant the last couple of hours were a bit sticky.

Today was even more fun then usual due to the sheer array of jobs I had to do, from the store walk, to repairing terminators, to helping a kid build a model, to fixing a building to finally painting the hobbits from Lord of the Rings, Sam even had his own saucepan which I found quite funny. I have one more day to work this week and then I will officially be one third of the way through my secondment which is weird as it doesn't seem like two weeks have hone by already!

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: