Sunday, March 01, 2009

Pinch, Punch, First of the month

I woke up this morning to realise that it's the 1st of March. We're in March already. How the heck did that happen? I'm sure it was only new years eve last week not two months ago!

Oh well, I guess it just goes to prove that old adage that Time flies etc, etc.

There was another queue for the photocopier this morning, although the Elder who was waiting behind me to use it did prove that patience wasn't his strong point as he started tapping his foot, sighing, then finally walked off in a huff whilst I was still running hte bulletins for today off. I must be getting more tolerant in my old age as I was tempted to say something to him once :-)

Sunday school was interesting. Especially as Physics was in fine form today. AS we were talking about the organisation of the church the teacher asked us all to think about if the church hadn't been organised where would we have been at that precise moment in time with out it. Physics response
" 10% richer and at home, getting a lie in"

After Church I gave physics a lift home as I have been doing for the past few weeks which was very fortunate as it turned out. As we tried to leave the car park we got held up temporily as there were two cars in front of us. So we were stationary at this point. I turned to speak to physics and realised with some alarm ( okay a bit of a understatement here) that a 'older' sister from the ward had just got into her car and was starting to reverse and wasn't stopping. I almost went for the horn but realised that would be far too late and quickly shoved the car into reverse and gunned it, skreeching backwards getting out of her way with Cm's to spare. She almost rammed into the car side on. I then realised to my increasing alarm that she still wasn't stopping and had now swung her wheel round and was stil lcoming without stopping. I had to gun it again and shoot backwards again missing her by cm's. I was very lucky no one was behind me as otherwise I would have been in deep trouble. She then pulled over to talk to someone leaving me just enough room to get past her and out of the car park asap. I wanted to be as far away as possible from her as quickly as I could.

I still can't figure out how she missed seeing me as I was driving Grumpys car and it's twice the size of hers. And I was stationary. I guess she just didn't bother checking before reversing. Physics take on the whole situation was typically physics
" I don't know why you were surprised by that. Don't you know that's how oaps reverse. They wait until they hear the bang and that tells htem it's time to go forwads."

Tapdance popped over this afternoon as she needed some help with her new laptop. Owen found the whole process highly interesting as he wondered waht she had on her lap. So he kept poking his noise over the side of the chair to see.

We also took Owen out on a very very long walk as for a change we had some nice weather today. Yes the sky had even changed colour to this strange blue colour and this giant yellow thing appeared in the sky. Apparently it's supposed to be up there it's jsut been a while since we last saw it. In fact it got so warm we were even able to put some washing out on the line ( yes my life is that sad right now :-( )

I bought the last Futurama DVD yesterday and it was actually really good. Dr Zoidburg actually got some funny lines in this one
" I'm sorry Fry is dead"
Fry groans and moves
" No wait, not dead the other thing"

Well Monday tomorrow which means back to work for another week and all the oppotunities it will bring :-)

Later folks!

No comments: