Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's like learning to walk all over again. Only it isn't

I was half way into work this morning when I realised something and before you ask/think it no it wasn't that I had forgotten my pass again. What I realised was that for several days now I haven't had to use my lights in the morning on the way into work and only have to use them for the last ten minutes or so of my journey home in the evening. I guess this means that winter is indeed drawing to a close.

Well another sign that winter maybe coming to a end is the increasing amount of runners I'm starting to see out an about. We saw a large group last night and Grumpy summed it up by asking
" If running's supposed to be good for you why is it you never see a happy looking runner? They all look miserable?"

Work was good today. I was able to get lots done even if I wasn't able to go as fast as I wanted to. This is becuase one of the projects I'm currently working on requires me to use a MAC. Now one of the more little known things about me is that I can touch type. Years of working in customer service answering phones has meant that for a bloke I'm very good at touch typing and I have been known to freak some of my colleagues out by answering a question whilst still typing and not looking at the screen.

However this doesn't help in using the MAC as near enough all of the keyboard shortcuts I have learned for the PC don't work on the a mac and I find myself still using the PC shortcuts despite trying to remember not to and then sitting there wondering why the darn thing hasn't done anything.

Still it was good to do something different and I am teaching myself some new skills at the same time which is always useful.

Apparently in the news today one newspaper caims that Britain is in a shocking state as most people are lacking in 'basic skills'. The main example they used for this is that 46% of people they asked did not know how to make a martini. May it's just me but I don't consider that a basic skill.

It did remind me of one time when I was at uni and I turned on the TV to see a member of our ward on a TV quiz show. The question which knocked him out of the quiz ironically enough was about which types of alcholic drinks were used to make a certain cocktail.

I'm also feeling quite pleased with myself right now as my latest modelling project is going very well indeed. I'll post some photos later in the week.

Well it's institute tomorrow. If I remember correctly I think we have three more lessons before the end of this course. That reminds me I should really find out what we're doing for thesummer course :-)

Later folks!

No comments: