Sunday, March 29, 2009

Out of time

It's very odd as I write this as it's just after 8pm here in the UK and it's only just got Dark. Yes with the clocks going forward this morning it's going to be getting lighter in the evenings from here on in.


However my body clock didn't go forward with the 'real clocks' so I really struggled to get going this morning as it felt like I should still be in bed. Of course Owen was already wide awake and was sitting outside my door with his favourite toy as he obivously decided that it was playtime.


Of course my sense of being slightly out of sync wasn't helped by church today because as it's general conference next week, we had Fast Sunday a week early, which means we've had two Fast Sundays this month and it was a five weekend month to start with anyway.

I got to the Chapel just as Mechanicus, Multi-task and the rest of their clan arrived. Gadgets, the brother of Mechanics and Photoshop ( maybe I need to add a family tree to the friends list as well) baby was being blessed today so they had come down for that.

So I thought this would be a good chance for them to see the bulletins they I organise every week. Well that was the plan at least as it seemed that the photocopier had decided to save up all the problems it could have had over the last few weeks and throw them all at me today. The thing jammed, and it jammed solid! Not even the old IT staple of turning it off and on again seemed to work. I could not find the jam at all. As the thought of putting my hand into a machine which had live electricity running through it and very hot printing plates I decided that descretion was the better part of valor and decided to leave it and reported it as busted and needing repair.

So this meant no bulletins today. Well it could have been worse there was only one announcement anyway and that was to say it was general conference next week.

The sacrement meeting was very busy as not only was Gadgets baby being blessed, another baby was blessed, as well as a new member confirmation and several items of ward business. Not forgetting of course that muggins here was asked to say the closing prayer. Now usually I'm okay with talking in front of groups, I was a tour guide in uni and throughly enjoyed it. But get me up on that stand in front of a congregation and my brain likes to lock up. On the plus side I knew I had the whole meeting to get myself into the right frame of mind and mentally prepare. At which point the member of the bishopric who had orginally asked me came down to say they had swapped me and I was no doing the opening prayer instead. After a moment of blind panic I managed to collect myself and was able to say the opening prayer which with any luck any came out as english sounding and vaguely understandable.

Lego(one of my nephews) got quite upset towards the end of the sacrement meeting as a loose tooth finally came loose and came out and unfortunatly it did seem to hurt him at the time. Still he was lucky that neither Multi task or Mechanicus follow the same 'procedure' as it were of one of the sisters in the ward who when ever one of her children had a loose tooth she yanked it out immediatly, regardless of how 'loose' it actually was.

Sunday school was a little quieter then usual as the students have gone home for easter or in the case of Physics, gone to China and Athena whose has gone to the USA. I did wonder with Athena now having a codename if it would be possible to give one of the other YSA the codename racetrack so I could then refer to " Athena and Racetrack" but I then realised that most people wouldn't get that reference at all. If anyone reading does I'll be very impressed.

Social's (older) Brother was teaching today and he was very good. Mind you the lesson got off to a odd start when O walked in with a wet suit ( not wearing it mind you or it would have been very, very odd) which he offered the teacher a chance to sniff. The teacher unsurprisingly declined the offer and asked him to put it under his chair. So there was this surreal sight of a wetsuit on the floor of the classroom all though out the lesson.

It actually stayed sunny most of the afternoon so Grumpy decided to do some work in the garden which sent Owen nuts as he doesn't like being inside if Grumpy is outside. I don't know if he's worried that he won't come back or something of it's just that he can hear him and doesn't like being unable to see him.

Well it's Monday tomorrow. The start of a new week and all the oppotunities it will bring.

Later folks!

No comments: