Friday, March 13, 2009

We did it our way

Well it's Red nose day today. For those of you who don't know Red nose day is a charity event where people do lots of silly things for charity and try to raise as much money as possible. And the BBC is taken over for a evening for a special Red nose show which has lots of special programming, sketches, guests etc.

Now the way we usually raise money for this event and Children in need at work is to basically have a cake sale. Admitally not the most silly thing to do and not as physically demanding as the events some people do but as the saying goes we did it our way. Although I didn't try the Chocolate and Potato cake. Yes that's right Chocolate and potato and no I have no idea what the heck was going on there.

I had a interesting time getting home as they've closed a section of road which means I have to go round a detour. However the detour is about four times longer then it needs to be! I guess I'll just have to remember to come home a different way on Monday.

They've just changed some formatting on facebook again so I wonder how long it will be before a group starts up protesting the change and demanding to go back to the old new version.

There was big news in space last night as the crew of the ISS were evacuated to their soyez as a precaution when a piece of debris was detered coming straight at the space station. A lot of people queried what the panic was over as it missed the station by three miles. There forget that in astronomical terms when a asteroid passes by the earth at a distance measured in five figures that's a 'near miss'. So three mile is probably classed as coming right at them.

anyway, it's the weekend now so two whole days to myself. I am aiming to do something constructive plus I'm going to attempt to translate the meeting minutes I recieved from the last EQ presidency meeting. Unfortunatly nobody included a rosetta stone in with them :-)

Later folks!

No comments: