Saturday, February 28, 2009

Who let the Dog out?

This morning started in the same way most Saturdays start these days. Owen going berserk as the post man arrives. I'm amazed he does hesitate when he puts the post through the door as Owen must look as intermediating as heck through the glass window when he leaps up.

We were held up on our way into Loughborough not by traffic or by roadworks by rather by a dog. It looked like it might have been some kind of husky and our best guess was it had escaped from a yard somewhere as it had half a chain dangling from it's collar. The silly thing had no fear what so ever and kept trotting into the road without looking and then wandering all over the road then getting back onto the pavement before repeating the whole process again. Some people were trying to catch him but everytime they got close the Dog bolted. Eventually he disappeared off up the road allowed the queue of traffic which we were a part of to get moving again. I hope someone was able to catch him eventually either that or he found his way home.

Town was surprisingly quiet today considering it was a payday weekend. Not that I'm complaining of course as it did allow me to get all of my shopping done rather quickly.

I did find an interesting second hand bookshop that I wasn't aware of. As I happened to be going past a street and I suddenly realised I hadn't ever been down that street and wondering what was down there. It had an interesting selection of books but unfortunatly nothing that really grabbed me. I'm sure Engineseer would have loved it though as there was a whole room with books about aircraft and such.

That does remind me, I really ought to go up to borders in Leicester one of these days as the selection in Waterstones in Loughborough is really not improving.

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: