Monday, March 16, 2009

What not to buy

As it's Mother days next weekend there seems to be an increasing number of adverts for different products all proclaiming loudly that there just what your Mum wants for Mothers day. However there are two products that I think anyone in their right minds should reconsider buying for their mums.

The first is oil of ulay (or olay I can never remember which is which) with the slogan " For this mothers day give your mum younger looking skin" How would you even give that as a present. " Here Mum I thought your skin was looking old" Might it be the last mothers day gift you ever give as she never speaks to you again?

The second is a CD of 101 songs to do household chores by. What would you say?" Here mum, at least you now won't be bored whilst your cleaning up after us".

I think these prove that their are some slogans they sound much better in the conference room then in real life.

It was a fairly busy day today, baring some small technical problems which I'm sure if they weren't solved using technical/computer skills were solved using the engineers method of when all else fails hit it with a hammer! :-)

I also had fun this evening as I was trying to write up the minutes from our first EQ meeting yesterday.However it took a while to translate the hand writing from the notes. I can't complain though as it was my writing after all :-) My handwriting skills really do suck :-)

Later folks!

No comments: