Monday, March 02, 2009

Technical problems

I actutally managed to get up this morning fairly easily considering it was a Monday morning. I'm stil lgetting used to waking up to daylight outside rather then it being all Dark. Although I usually think this every year and of course I get used to it just in time for it to start getting Drk again. Oh well.

I got to work to discover that the office was colder then outside, on the one day I hadn't bothered bringing a jumper. Basically Gremlins or I suppose in our case Grots had caused the cnetral heating system to break and all of the water had leaked out. So this meant our poor maintence guys having to do a lot of crawling around underneath the building trying to find the leak. They managed to find it and emerged looking like they had been caving, complete with 'head' touches. After the fix they had to refill the system, now imagine a time when your radiators have had air in and the noise it makes. Now imagine the noise all of the radiators in a office being full of nothing but air being slowly filled with water would make.

Those people who sit next to Radiators were giving them nervous looks as it didn't sound a especially comforting noise.

However despite those technical problems it was a good day. If very busy but as long term readers will know that's what it's always like on a Monday.

I've seen some clips of the forthcoming Wolverine: Origins film and it looks great. For those of you not in the know or not geeky enough to care about this ahead of time, Wolverine: Origins shows well basically the origins of Wolverine and how he came to the point when you meet him in the first X-men movie. There's a great line in one of the clips
" You were sentenced to Death at 10.30 hours by firing squad. How did that work out?"
" It tickled."

I've been pondering a suggestion Grumpy has made. He's suggested I ought to try writing a book. The trouble is I've got no idea what to write about and it has been a while since I've written any fiction. So I'm way out of practice and don't know if I could write well enough. Still I suppose I ought to give it a go. The worst that can happen is that I'll be terrible at it and nothing comes of it :-)

anyway,

Later folks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I stumbled across your blog on LDS BLOGS. I thought you mighe be interested in a site my wife and I just built called MormonsMadeSimple.com, which uses simple, explanatory videos to explain the Mormon faith. Feel free to feature any of these videos on your blog, or just share them with non-member friends. We're hoping these videos will be missionary tools to help members share their beliefs. Anyway, sorry to spam your comments section. I couldn't find any contact information for you on your blog.

- Doug & Laurel

Anonymous said...

hey man

writing a book is a good idea, but its a long slog.... I have always wanted to write one too, but never really figured out the right subject, but I might do soon. At least you have good links to the public.


The thing is, writing a book is really solitary, and can take for ages and ages. And you always say you want to do more social things and make more freinds and meet new people.

Why dont you join a book club instead, becauase you love reading so much and you always review the books on your site. There is bound to be a sci-fi book club or something in the area. That way I guess you can do what you love but make it more social and meet new people. Since lots of girls belong to book clubs as well it could be a good place to start.... you never know....

what do you think?

Saxon said...

no problem Doug and Laurel. I'll be sure to look it up at some point.

Saxon said...

strangely enough Drat that was an idea I've been pondering.