Monday, March 30, 2009

I know I say this every week

It was really hard waking up this morning, more so then normal. I ended up having to splash cold water in my face to wake up, which was after bumping into several different things much to the seeming amusement of Owen who watched me blundering about for a little while before deciding to go back to bed.

The traffic was surprisingly light going into work, which made me wonder if the schools Easter holidays have started early. Well it was that or maybe the university term has ended and it has a greater effect on traffic around Nottingham then I had realised.

Work was good, if busy. We also had some new books arrive as well as some other new products which is always fun as it's all well and good seeing a product go through all of the various design stages but nothing beats the feeling of when you get a finished product in your hand.

We're also hard at work preparing for a event we will be running in two weeks time. The section I'm running is coming together nicely which is making me worry that I might have missed something blindly obivous, but I'll just make sure to check, check and recheck. Plus it's quite unique to prepare for a show by painting models. That's the toy soldier kind not the other variety ( mores the pity :-) ( wait said that out loud d'oh!)

The traffic was also very light coming home as well, which was nice because as it's light it gives you a chance to admire the scenary. Of course that feeling tends to only last a few days then it's back to being the same old, same old.

For all English readers if you have a car you might want to top up your tank tomorrow. The fuel duty rise that the government delayed from October comes in on Wednesday (As it's the 1st April) so all petrol (and I'm fairly sure diesal as well) will be going up 2 pence. Which means the average cost of petrol at the station on my way into work will be going up to 92.9. Oh well, C'est la vie I guess.

Oh I also found that inspiration I was searching for. More on that later this week if it all comes together.

Later folks!

No comments: