Sunday, March 15, 2009

Drilling away

The first thought that springs to mind is that i's been a very long day.

It started even earlier then usual as I had to get into the chapel to speak to the EQ president before church and be shown how to use the software to run off reports, plus quickly run through what he wanted he expects my new calling to entail. I.e what I'm going to be doing.

We had problems in Sunday school as we ran out of chairs for people there were that many YSA there. It made me smile though as it's been a long time since that has happened, but it was also bittersweet as well as nearly everyone who was there last time it happened have either moved on to new wards or got married.

The Eldars quorum lesson was interesting as I had to try and take the attendence and I realised looking at the full 'register' I don't know half as many people as I thought I did. However I was able to work it all out eventually.

We had a meeting straight after church, the first as the 'new' Elders quorum presidency. So I didn't get home until nearly 10 past 2.

After dinner I helped Grumpy try and install our new post box and it did not go as smoothly as we hoped. In fact it was a complete pain in the backside, especially trying to drill the holes in the wall. It didn't help that the screw which came with it seemed to be made of the purest 'cheapiam' ( real material honest :-) well either that or I've suddenly gained the muscles of superman as when I was trying to tighten one of the screws using a screwdriver the top suddenly sheared straight off.

Still after a lot of work and language which we probably shouldn't have used we managed to get the thing onto the wall and it stayed there. Hurah! Although Owen did looked somewhat confused as to what it was we were actually up to! as he spent the whole time watching us from the windowsill.

After the postbox was finished I had just enough time to quickly clean the car out before I had to set off to pick up some YSA for a fireside at the Bishops house which started at 6.30pm. However due to half of the people not getting there until 6.55 and the bishop then leaving to go and pick someone up the fireside didn't get going until nearly 7.45pm and didn't finish until nearly 9pm!

Still it was a fun night as we were able to chat amongist ourselves and I was able to chat with the girl who I mentioned a few weeks ago who still has no codename. I really need to get on what that. Plus it was nice to be able to give a lift to give lifts to people. I haven't done that in a while and I forgot how good it was to be able to chat to someone whilst your driving.

I got home at nearly 9.50pm, wondering where my Sunday had gone!

Oh well.

Monday tomorrow, so it's the start of a new week and all the oppotunities it will bring.

Later folks!

No comments: