Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Inspiration seeking

I've been quite amused by the whole thing that has been going on in the news with regards to setting a minimum price for alchol. Basically the governemnts top health advisor suggested these new plan of setting a minimum price of 50p a unit of alchol in a bid to stop binge drinking. It was quickly shot down by the government who stated that it would not be fair to penalise the majority of sensible drinkers for the actions of the reckless minority ( intereting how this same thinking doesn't apply to the plans to lower speed limits in places). My guess is the actual reason is that their too scared to as if they put alchol back up it will definatly lead to them loosing the next election.

My thought would be if they really don't want to penalise the 'majority' and only the minority of people they claim binge drink, if they get so drunk that the police have to be called out or a ambulance has to take them to hospital to be treated charge them for it! I'm sure people will stop binge drinking pretty quickly after they have to pay for an ambulance, paramedics, doctors and the like.

Work was good as I was able to get a lot done today. It also took my mind off the latest problem facing me in that I'm 100% stuck for inspiration at the moment for ideas for my next modelling project. My current 'army' is finished and I don't want to continue with it right now but in the same vein I don't know what to do now and I've been trying to gain some inspiration for the past couple of weeks. I've re-read some of the rulebooks, tried walking round the shop, even tried looking through my minature cases to see if anything inspires me.

so far? Zip, nada, nothing...

It's getting frustrating but I suppose that's the thing with inspiration you can't force it to happen. I think the best thing at this point is to try reading some of my military history books to see if something inspires me there.

Well institute tomorrow. Only two more to go until the end of the course, then I get a whole month 'off'.

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: