Monday, December 01, 2008

Now that's cold

Trying to get up on a Monday morning can be hard enough sometimes. When you get up and immediatly feel so cold that you want to jump straight back into bed even with the heating having been on for half an hour before you get up, you can't help but get the feeling it's going to be one of those days. After managing to bang my toe on the door, and drop a bit of toast butter side down onto the floor, things were certainly not looking up when I got to the car and found that somehow there was some ice on the inside of the windscreen so I had to wait ten minutes whilst the heater ran to get the windscreen to de ice and demist both inside and out.

Of course being aware of how icey it was, I was already feeling pretty tense because as regular readers will know I do not like driving in icey conditions. Still I actually forgot all about that as I ran into another huge traffic jam. Which was caused by a broken down car in the worst possible place, this in turn lead me to reflect on why cars always seem to break down in the worst possible places. Is it fate? Bad luck? The cars getting their own back? Or the fact that I was stuck in a traffic jam for a very long time which was moving very slowly and my thoughts were starting to wander just a little bit.

Still I finally managed to get to work, but I was running very late and I only had three minutes to get into the office. Still in my rush to get into the office I managed to drop my keys under the car and had to struggle around to fish them out. Mind you this did set me off into a fit of the giggles that there wasn't much more to go wrong and this Monday morning was definately living up to the stereotype. Once I managed to stop laughing I went into the office feeling much better, as you really can't feel very down after a fit of the giggles can you?

Fortunately the rest fo the day went a heck of a lot better then the morning had gone. I was able to get loads done and I'm doing a new project which a awful lot of fun as I'm able to use all my background knowledge and come up with lots of cool ideas too. We also had some new books arrive from the printers and that's always fun too.

Oh Grumpy has just been asking what Owen's codename was on here and when I explained he doesn't have one, he said that was unfair to Owen as everyone else had one and I should come up with one for him. So far the suggestions have been fidget, Highly Sprung, and Spring. If anybody else has any suggestions please feel free to chip in.

I've also just seen the new trailer for the Doctor Who Christmas special. It looks great!

I also found whilst tiding up at the weekend my dvd boxset of " From the Earth to the moon" which is a historical drama all about the Apollo space Program. It's very good and I forgot how much I liked the title music. I went on I-tunes to see if I could find it and guess what. They don't have it! Soundtracks for everyother HBO series except that one. Flipping typical. Apparently you can get a soundtrack CD somewhere but whether or not I can find it will be another matter entirely.

Anyway, that's all for today.

Later Folks!

No comments: