Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Ice, ice, go away

I'm really not liking all the cie at the moment. As people know ice is my least favourite driving condition and even a little ice can put me in a tense, uptight mood when faced with the drive into work. So you can imagine what I was feeling this morning when I could see patches of ice on the road in our street before even getting into the car.

To say I was a little tense by the time I got into work would be a understatement.

Still it was a good day and theres nothing like a nice warm office to help you de tense as rapidly as possible. Plus I was once again able to get loads done and work on that project again as well as spend ages in a important meeting. So I was feeling quite pleased with myself by the end of the day.

Still one did cause me to start to tense up again was reports of heavy snow expected overnight. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope that the weather dead zone that usually seems to surround geektown does it's usual magic.

Institute was good, it was quite a full class. Even Social turned up which was a surprise. However I didn't get a chance to talk to her as she was busy talking and greeting everyone else and I couldn't get a opening as it were to interject myself into any of the conversation. Now the paranoria in me would suggest that maybe she still doesn't want to talk to me and I'm just going to have to accept that. But the more logical side suggests to me that I'm just too polite for my own good sometimes and as it's donemost of the time to me at church I have everyright to butt into conversations too. As for the truth of the matter? Well I guess that will have to be one of those unanswered questions.

I was starting to feel a little sorry for myself as I'm starting to find it very hard with Institute and YSA at the moment. With Cordelia and Engineseer gone, I don't have any really close friends on the same level as those too right now in Loughborough or institute. I'm trying, but theres just so many new people and they seem to be forming their own cliques and I'm just starting to get this feeling that I'm slowly going back to being a outsider again no matter how hard I try. It was at this point that my inner voice as it were decided to jump in and tell me to shut up moaning because as the sarcastic saying at works goes " Have a moan, that will solve everything won't it?". With only one more week at Institute before Christmas it's unlikely I will be able to turn things around this side of the new year, so I should just get on with things I guess. 2009 will be a new year and I'll just have to keep the faith things will get better.

Speaking of Friends however, I did do something quite cool last night, which I can't/won't go into details about as it will spoil the surprise. Suffice to say I'm quite pleased with myself and I hope the people involved will like it.

Anyway enough moaning and groaning about things. Time to call it a night as it will soon be tomorrow and fresh oppotunities await!

Later folks

No comments: