Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cheap as chips

I've spent most of this evening decorating the house for Christmas as Tap dance popped round and helped me to get all of the decorations down from the loft. Now I think it looks really nice but from the outside it looks like we're a little cheap. Mainly because we haven't got any decorations outside of the House unlike a large percentage of the rest of the estate who seem to be in a unoffical competition for how many decorations they can squeeze onto the outside of their houses and lawns. For example the house directly across from us has fibre optic lights running along the edge of the roof and around the garage, lights in the trees, a illuminated tree three large santas and what I think is another reindeer. And thats one of the most tastefully decorated houses around.

Oh well, if anyone asks I guess we can claim that we're believers in the old saying 'Everything in moderation'.

I only had to do a very light shop for me today, so I was able to go into town a lot later. It was still fairly busy but not as bad as last week. This was probably down to the huge downpour of rain which meant you got very wet if you walked anywhere.

I also passed by woolies which is now almost certainly doomed as they've started the closing down sale. Which meant the store looked a sorry sight as most of the aisles had been stripped by bargain hunters so there was very little left.

After I got the decorations done I sat down to watch some TV and with it being Christmas there was only one thing I could watch from all the choices available. The Muppets Christmas Carol! It is such a good film and I remember going to see it at the cinema when it first came out which to be perfectly honest is longer ago then I care to remember.

Later folks!

No comments: