Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The ice just keeps getting thicker

That dastardly ice! It completly wrongfooted me this morning as it wasn't cold last night in the slightist when I went to bed in fact it was raining extremely hard. However during somepoint between then and my alarm going off it got very cold very quickly so when I went out to the car this morning I found it covered in a thick sheet of ice. It was so thick it took 20 minutes to clean the car off with a combination of de icer and scraper thats not to mention the problems I had getting into the car itself as the door was all but iced shut and the lock was iced over too.

I then had to move the bin out to the front which was complicated by the ice all over that as well, not to mention the neighbours putting their bin in our place! Which lead to several moments of frustation as I tried to squeeze the bin into the remaining gap. Which may or may not have been accompanied by some not rather good language such as " Blast, Dang and gosh " (bloggers note: actual language may have varied from that displayed here :-)

Of course this meant I was running late by the time I finally pulled out of the driver I was running late and of course this meant only one thing was going to happen. Yes I ran into a traffic jam caused by some new roadworks. I then ran into another traffic jam at another set of traffic lights which by that point I was wondering if someone was trying to tell me something about the day ahead.

However somehow and I'm still to sure how I was able to get to work with about two minutes to spare, which I took to be a good sign and that maybe the day wasn't going to be a total loss.

And I was right I was able to get a lot done even with the Christmas rush picking up. It was also quite quiet as well as a few people were off sick and another couple off on a business trip to the USA. We were also talking about if people should be nervous due to that old saying " Things come in three's" as one persons fractured their arm and another fractured her big toe last night on the bus. So we're kinda hoping we're not going to end up proving this old saying right!

I'm going to be in for a quiet day tomorrow though as the rest of the Sales and marketing team will either be working from home or going to see a client. So it will just be me in the office. Still I guess that makes me the boss of our area by default :-)

Well it's the institute christmas dinner tomorrow which should be fun. It's the girls turn to cook this year as Engineseer and I did it last year. Mind you they did try to get the lads to do the washing up saying it was only fair as the girls would be cooking. They obivousily forgot that's not how it happened last year as Engineseer and I both cooked and washed up.

Still I guess the guys will probably end up doing it anyway. As we're nice like that :-)

Anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: