Sunday, December 07, 2008

Putting some light on the subject

Well another sign that christmas is almost upon us happened today as lots of people started started putting their christmas decorations up in the usual " lets try and get everyone to look at our house and outdo the neighbours by stuffing as many Lights as possible on the outside of the House."

After the short break yesterday, the icey conditions returned with a vengence this morning as there was just basically ice everywhere! It took me ten minutes to clean the ice of the car which was so thick it was in two layers, I had to scrap the first one off by hand to get to the second one so I could put some de icer one otherwise it didn't work at all. Somewhat ironically when I finally started the car the radio came on straight away as it was already set to on and the song itwas playing seemed to be very fitting for the conditions. The song? Why Break the ice by Britney spears :-)

So due to the length of time cleaning the car I was running late when I got to church so I had to rush through copying the bulletins as quickly as possible. fortunately the photocopier decided to play nice this morning as if it had been in a bad mood Iwould have been in trouble.

Still I was able to get into the chapel early enough to grab a seat next to one of the heaters. Yes it was a little bit noisey with the humming but at least I was warm all the way through sacrement.

Something annoying happened at the start of sunday school. One of the guys who shall remain nameless but I've had problems with before bought in a huge stack of bulletins and suddenely gave them to me saying " I collected these in the chapel, you put them out so I thought you should have them back otherwise the chapel is just being left untidy" ( or words to this effect, I can't remember the exact sentence) then he sat down with a smirk on his face. I managed to throttle down my first impluse to yell at him what the point of that little exercise was. There might have been a small possibility he did it out of the goodness of his heart I suppose but it more felt like a attempt to embrass me/ points scoring exercise in front of the rest of the class. I'm starting to get really fed up of this guy, I don't know why he's taken a dislike to me but I'm finding things hard enough YSA wise right now with out having him having goes at me.

Still Grumpys response when I told him the story did make me smile. He suggested that if he tries that again to simply smile and respond " Well seeing as you are doing such a good job picking the bulletins up, I'll ask the bishopric if I can assign you to do that job every week".

Grumpys spent most of the afternoon charging round the house try to find everything he needs for his holiday. There was a bit of a panic when he lost some tablets he needed, so we were both frantically searching for them, him cause he needed them and me well I wasn't going to get any peace and quiet till he found them :-) We did find them and most female readers won't be surprised to know that they were in the most obivous place possible and also it was the one place we hadn't checked. Yes he'd put a jumper down on top of them on the bed and it was the only thing we hadn't moved!

Still he was a lot happier once he found them and I was able to go back to my reading. Just in time for the home teachers to arrive. Owen's seems to have got used to them now although he is still totally confused when they leave with a word of prayer as he can't seem to figure out what we're doing. To night whilst the Home teachers were praying, he went up to one in the middle of the prayer and stuck his head through the gap in their arms trying to see what he was up to. Fortunatly the Hoem teacher was able to stop himself from giggling.

Well Work tomorrow, so a nice new week of oppotunities ahead! That as I should get my project finished which is actually turning out rather well indeed.

Later folks!

No comments: