Sunday, December 28, 2008

Taking the high ground

Well the day started with the usual un nerving wait to see exactly what mood the photocopier would be in when it turned on. It once again was still in a good mood but it does seem to be dying a slow and painful death with regards to print quality. This is the problem when it comes to 2nd hand printers and photocopiers. You can't call someone out to service them!

Still I got into the chapel to see something that reminded me of a friends episode. As there was a wedding yesterday one of the benches from the stand had been moved to the back of the chapel and hadn't been moved back. Initially the bishopric and acouple of helpers were planning to move the bench back to it's original postion. But someone suggested rather then doing that why not move the front bench. So that's what they decided to do and somehow ended up with the two smallest priesthood holders in the ward on one end and the two tallest on the other. Whilst they attempted ot move this thing onto the stand, over the pulpit and turn it round 180% degrees. Chaos resulted and all I could think off was the friends episode where ross and co are trying to get a settee up the stairs. This seemed to be almost a carbon copy of this incident and the only thing that was missing was someone calling " Pivot, pivot, pivot".

They managed to make the move, then someone pointed out that there was too much room in what was now the front bench so that should be moved forward. After doing that they decided the next bench needed to be moved as it had too much leg room. And so on and so on. I think they moved five benches in total trying to match them up with the positon of the previous benches by the marks in the carpet. I couldn't help but wonder if they had made a bit of a mountain out of a mole hill with such a simple job. but still, mine is not to reason why :-)

Sacrement was good, if packed as we seemed to have a lot of visitors this morning. I really thought we were going to spill into the cultural hall this morning for the first time ever. But somehow everyone managed to squeeze in.

Despite temptation after speaking to both photoshop and Engineseer, I decided to try and keep the moral high ground and not say anything to the two YSA (or at least the one who was there)who appear to have been using this blog to take the mickey out of me behind my back. Although the temptation was massive at times. If they want to make fun of me behind my back but be all smiles and friendly to me in person theres not a lot I can do about it.

It's been an interesting afternoon as Engineseer is staying here before heading back to meet the rest of his family tomorrow. For some reason Owen started barking at him and wouldn't stop. We have no idea why! Fortunately he calmed down and seemed to accept him by mid afternoon and seemed to want to be best friends with him by the evening. Tap dance also popped round for some help with her DS, which was a lot of fun as she got confused a couple of times with the instructions on brain training. In one of the tests where you have to say the colour of the lettering of the word rather then the colour the word is, for example if Black is spelt in red lettering you say red, she started off by thinking she had to say the word in the box at the top of the screen which was "quit" as it was the option to finish the test. Still she was starting to get the hang of it by the end. She didn't like her other game too much Nintend Dogs so I think she's more likely to get addicted to brain training rather then that.

I gave Engineseer a painting lesson this evening which went really well and he also helped cook Grumpy some tea. Yes I know it's bit rubbish I can't make scrambled eggs but in my defence I can make big meals, like roast dinners, shepherds pie etc. Which I like to think balances that out.... That's my story and I'm sticking to it :-)

I know I've got some comments to respond to. I'll get to that asap.

Roadtrip time tomorrow. I'm off out with Traveller and Friends. Should be an interesting day and with any luck I'll get some photos.

Tune in tomorrow. Same geek life, same geek station

Later folks...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should name these people, seeing as many many people read the blog. More than you know probably!

Saxon said...

Your right there anonymous. More people then I know probably do read the blog.

However as tempting as it might be to name the two individuals involved who appear to be taking the mick out of me I won't.

The last time I said anything involving a person I felt that I was not getting on with I recieved an anonymous comment telling me to " reconsider my accusations" and I had only referred to that person by initials.

Naming these two individuals would not lead to anything good. In fact the end results would quite likely be very bad. Which is why I've not referred to them by initials, name or gender on here, in light of the fact that I do have some readers who choose to hide behind the title of anonymous for bad reasons. ( present company excepted of course as I'm sure you have your own perfectly fair reasons for choosing to remain anonymous)

I am not inclined to go and cause more trouble for myself. I've tried to befriend some of the new members of the YSA and it seems that I have failed. As I've sauid before if they want to take the mickey out of me behind my back theres not a lot I can do about it.

Anonymous said...

How do you feel about not naming people, but putting on actual photos? Does that not contradict it slightly?

Saxon said...

well FB, I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you saying I should put photos of these people up but not name them or are you saying by putting photos up of people I am contradicting myself?

If it's the later I disagree that I have contradicting myself in relation to the two individuals I have mentioned as I have not put photos up of them nor given any clues to their identity, nor will I put photos up of them. as long as there are people who are hiding behind anonymous tags and accusing me of making accusations I have no intention of naming or identifying them otherwise a game of chinese whispers might result which would cause more trouble for me in the long run.

Having them make fun of me behind my back but be all smiles to my front is not preferable but at least it's better then some of the alternatives.

The photos I have put up are of people I consider mysef to be friendly enough with that they wouldn't mind and their not posted in a nasty or malicious way. However if you happen to have been in one photo and you object I apologise.