Thursday, December 18, 2008

Make the bad news stop

I like the new series of Batman films. They are really, really good. Especially the Dark Knight where I can't say if I agree with everyone that Heath ledgers film is definately worth an Oscar but it's darn close. Don't get me wrong the first two Batman films with Michael Keaton in were good but the last film with George clooney was oh so bad and the least said about Arnies " Stay cool bird boy" Mr freeze the better. But Batman Begins and the Dark Knight revitalised the series. However I saw some extremely distressing news today about the next film in the series. Apparently the villian will be the Riddler and they are supposed to be hiring done other then ...... Eddie Murphy.

Of course I could be judging harshly. He might well pull an incredibile dramatic understated performance out of the bag but the phrases, The Nutty Professor, Norbert, Starship Dave and Pluto Nash followed by the words, Danger, Danger keep passing through my head.

And the bad news doesn't stop there.

Cadburys have tried to pull a fast one by removing Time outs, Picnics, Dreams and Crunchies from their Cadburys heroes tins of sweet and replaced them with just two Bournvilles and Toffee eclairs. Now they claim that their market research team found that people wanted the four choclates dropped and replaced by these two. That claim falls down on two points. One they've tried to do this secretly and not announce it when I'm sure if everybody had been claiming for these other choclates they would have made a huge marketing thing out of it and two it's still 2008 not some year in the 1930s.

Parents of a young Lad were also furious today that a shop refused to make a birthday cake with their sons name on as the shop claimed they had the right to refuse adding anything to the cake which they considered inappropriate. The childs name " Adolf Hitler Campbell" I kid you not. Their son is so not going to thank them when he grows up.

Most pointless news story of the day probably goes to the Mail which had a story that Katie Holmes was looking gaunt, worn out and had bags under her eyes. Shock, Horror, Gasp! Imagine the world wide surprise at the news that a mother of a two year old can look worn out and tired...... Wait a second..

Okay rant about the days news over.

Asides from that it's been a fairly good day. I was able to get a lot done and stay on top of a rather large amount of emails. Tis the season and all that. I also booked my Christmas Holiday off. I'm only going to have to go in once between Christmas and New Years, Yaah! That will be good. Speaking of New years though I have no idea what I'm doing for New years eve. Oh well, I guess I'll see closer the time.

I did find out that theres a wedding at our chapel on the 27th December. Whose it is I have no idea so I think I can safely assume at this point that I'm not invited. Although I already know what Grumpy will probably say. " Look at it this way, one less person to invite when you get married". Speaking of whom, I have only three more days of the house to myself. Better make the most of it while I can.

Tap Dance also popped round this evening to help me put some boxes back in the loft. She also happened to look in the airing cupboard and was not impressed. She decided she was going to clean it out for us which made me feel very guilty as she cleaned the kitchen out last week whilst waiting for the guy to come and fix the side of the house. Still the cupboard looks much more tidy now then it did. I guess this is what comes of only have men in a house. Everything starts to get a bit messy.

Oh one last thing. If anyone's stuck for something to get someone for Christmas 2010 you could always get them a shuttle from Nasa as that's when they'll be selling them up. Mind you, you will need $42 million and a climate controlled indoor display to put it in. So it's not exactly a cheap stock filler.

Later folks!

No comments: