Monday, December 22, 2008

Knifes, guns, shoes? Lightsabers?

Woolworths have made a rather bizarre decision in the midst of their closing down sales as they have now restricted the sale of Toy Lightsabers ( yes that’s right lightsabers) as they feel they pose a danger as they could be mistaken for actual weapons.

Okkaayyyy…….

They think Lightsabers could be mistake for actual weapons? The thought does occur that maybe somebody in woollies has been spending just a bit too much time standing by the solvents in the DIY section. Unless of course there’s some part of youth culture today that I’ve just missed out on. Are there gangs of youths wandering around with actual lightsabers?

The journalist who threw shoes at George bush apparently now has a court date when he will face charges. Apparently the charges are along the lines of “Attacking a head of state” or words to that effect. Which must be a nightmare for Bush as the last thing he probably wants near the end of his term is for someone to be prosecuted for attacking him with shoes, as it’s probably the one thing most people will remember. I’m not sure about the case anyway as it’s not like he actually hit him.

The latest x-factor winner is now the Christmas number one in the charts in an anti-climatic race for number one. What is strange though is that she is at number one with a cover of Hallelujah and then someone else is at number 2 with a cover of hallelujah and the original version of Hallelujah is at number 36 ( I think). So you basically have the same song in the top 40 three times. To quote Harry Hill “ What are the chances of that happening?” Still you’d probably have made a fortune if you had bet on that happening as opposed to betting what will be at Christmas number one as with the x-factor it’s a foregone conclusion these days. Not that I’m advocating betting mind you and I’ll shut up there before I dig myself in any deeper which I do seem to have become especially adept at, at the moment.

Also you may notice a change to how you can leave comments. I have now enabled comment moderation so your comments will not appear immediately and will only appear once I have checked them. I’m sorry if anyone finds this annoying or longwinded but I’ve had enough of getting anonymous comments from people who obviously know me but won’t leave their name. Just to reiterate though I do welcome all comments and I will not reject a post if it is negative if you use an ID or your name. However if you leave a comment which is negative, mean, nasty or a personal attack of accusation I will not approve it if you fail to leave your name. You’re perfectly welcome to your opinions but if you going to be mean and not leave your name I will not show your comment on my blog.

Sorry if that sounds a bit Grumpy or mean but what happened with yesterdays post was the final straw.

Later folks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you never see stories in the news about Gangs with lightsabers as when the polic try to arrest them the gang simply do a jedi mind trick.

" We are not the gang you're looking for"

Saxon said...

well it's possible I suppose. Stranger things do happen.