Friday, December 05, 2008

Well it must have seemed like a good idea at the time

Looking at the news today, several news items caught my eye. One of which was that Britney spears hates her boobs as she considers them 'too big' after she almost had a 'wardrobe malfunction' and spilled out of her dress the other evening and is considering a breast reduction operation. Apparently the idea of not wearing dresses that are that lot cut obivousily has not occured to her.

It was nice to get up later then usual during the 'working week' as it were as I had today off to go shopping. Although Owen was waiting outside my door looking most confused as to why I hadn't gone to work.

Grumpy suggested that we go to a new shopping centre in Derby called Westfields. Now I say 'new' but that might be a relative term in this case as it might have been there a while but we rarely go into Derby so it was new to us.

I had read that there was a 50% sale off in Woolworths so I wanted to pop in to see if I could pick up and good bargains. Now I saw the signs outside the shop which were everywhere advertising the 50% sale. As you can see here.
Spotted the problem yet? Well it took me a couple of minutes to spot it and I also had to point it out to Grumpy. The problem, that little tiny bit of writing i nthe top right hand corner. Which says " Up to" So the full advertisment doesn't say all stock now 50% off which you read it as due to the huge 50% writing, it actually says all stock now up to 50% off. Most of the items in the store only had discounts of 10% or 20%. I don't think I actually saw anything which was 50% off. As you can imagine lots of people were complaining that the whole thing was a big con!

Still asides from that, I managed to get all of my shopping done which is good as I won't have to face the crowds at the weekend now.

I saw another items in the news about these guys!




Apparently they were an experiment mounted on a ballon that had been sent into the stratsophere. Local school were encouraged to design 'suits' for the teddys to keep them warm on their journey and each one was also wired up with sensors to see how effective each suit was. Which I just think was an awesome experiment and I wish we could have done something like this when we were at school.
Oh and in case you were wondering all four teddy bears were returned safely to Earth.
Oh and the last news items to catch my eye was this photo. I suppose depending on your point of view who could show the band girls aloud preparing for a TV show or it shows that their transformation into mermaids is almost complete :-)


later folks!




No comments: