Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just what every geek needs

Well I thought the bag I got yesterday as our official Christmas Present from work was cool but what I got today for my secret santa present was so much cooler. I got a model of Doctor Who's sonic screw driver. When you press the button it even lights up and make the noise and everything. It will take pride of place on my desk alongside my model of Ramilies class star fort, a Model of a Cow playing hockey ( don't ask me it came from a kinder egg!) and a model I have of WALL E. Yes my desk is really that geeky. Of course I suppose there is always the possibility that I might start driving the other people in the office mad by playing with my new toy but if that happens I'll just point the finger of blame at the secret santa who got it for me. Not that I would be able to point the finger directly at them as I don't know who they are but you get what I mean.

We also had our departmental Christmas lunch which was very nice even if I accidentally made our office manager think I was mad at her. As she suddenly turned round and asked me what I would be doing on Christmas day as I didn't celebrate christmas. Slightly flumoxed as I haven't heard somebody said that in a long time I explained that we did celebrate Christmas, at which point she seemed surprised that we did as she then said we didn't give presents to each other! At which point I was totally bemused as that's the first time I'd heard anybody say the church doesn't celebrate christmas as we don't give presents to each other. It was at this point that she told my look of bafflement for one of being upset and quickly started apologising. I assured her however that I was offended in the slightist and she shouldn't worry.

Woolworths is now officially closing on the 5th January. So long woolies it's a shame your going as nobody else does pick and mix sweets like you :-)

It was weird tonight as I didn't have institute but at least I was able to watch the Big bang theory. Yes a show about a group of geeky lads, who have problems in not acting geeky all the time and have little to no success with the ladies. I can't see why or how I could relate to that show in anyway what so ever.

And on that less then convincing note I'll call it a night

Later folks!

4 comments:

Scully said...

First of all, I think your co-worker was confusing the LDS church with Jehovah's Witnesses, who don't celebrate Christmas like most Christian sects and who don't exchange gifts at Christmas (they also don't celebrate birthdays in general).

But more importantly, I think that is the most wicked awesome secret Santa gift of which I have ever heard. You must provide a picture. Also, the geek in me is green with envy!

Saxon said...

It sounds like your probably right with your first point there Scully.

And the picture of the sonic screwdriver is coming shortly once I get some new batteries for my camera. I also got a sonic pen as well :-)

Scully said...

Now I'm completely green with envy! A sonic screwdriver AND a sonic pen!

Saxon said...

well I've got the batteries for my camera so I'll make sure I post the pictures soon