Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Well it could be worse

I haven't coming down with the vomiting bug that seems to have affected the rest of the office. Hurray! However what I have come down with is a awful cold, and I mean a really stinking cold which feels like my noise has more been welded up rather then just blocked and I've realised that's probably far more information then any of you needed to know. Still on the plus side at least the lemsips are helping.

So as you can imagine work was a bit of a long haul today. Still at least it was quiet so I was able to concentrate on things to take my mind off the cold. On the plus side we did get our 'official' christmas presents from the company today which are ever so nice leather bags. Just ever so nice, normal leather bags nothing geeky about them. It was amusing when they were giving them out as the boss sent round an email explaining we were getting the same as everyone in the other divisions this year and he apologised if anyone was disappointed at the lack of alcholic content in this years presents( as the others usually get wine for Christmas), so I couldn't resist saying when they gave me my bag with the straighist face I could muster that I was disappointed at the lack of alcholic content in this years present. Two of my colleagues looked very confused, whilst another burst into a fit of the giggles.

We're also having our Christmas lunch tomorrow, followed by the exchange of secret Santa gifts which should be a lot of fun.

It was not fun trying to get home as I got stuck in a traffic jam. After three quarters of an hour I finally got to a turn off the road I was on, but the other way home meant I had to go nearly all the way back to work to get on the other road. It's somewhat annoying when it only takes you five minutes to travel back the distance it took you 45 minutes to cover i nthe first place.

Tapdance popped round again this evening to use the computer and cooked toad in the hole for me as well, which was very nice as I haven't had that in ages either. Now I wonder if I can persude her to cook Shepherds pie as well :-)

Well it will be weird tomorrow night as theres no institute. I'll have to remember to get right instead of left otherwise I will be off to Leicester for no reason!

Oh and the really cool thing that I did and can't mention. Well it's inspired me to do something else really cool as well. But I can't say what that is either otherwise it will spoil the surprise of the first really cool thing.

I just hope it's worth all the build up and the recipiants will like it.

Here's hoping.

Later folks.

No comments: