Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Isn't it ironic?

Well I had a feeling it was going to be another one of those days when I got up and that feeling wasn't proven to be wrong. It was fairly cold but not as cold as it was yesterday as I didn't have to spend ten minutes de icing the car. However it started to get colder and colder and then it started snowing. Yes snowing! It went from clear skies to blizzard like in a matter of moments which I didn't enjoy in the slightist as I had to navigate a huge hill and I could barely see where the road was. Still I managed to get through it okay and got to work.

However my next challenge was getting from the car to the car park as the snow had hit so suddenly that no one had a chance to put any grit down. So it was a bit of a slushy/icey mess, so it took me a lot longer to walk across the car park then usual as I really, really didn't want to go flying. Mind you I was somewhat confused to see someone mowing the lawn at the company across the street from ours. Apparently he had been doing it during the height of the snow fall!

The snow quickly disappeared as is it's want nowadays and although you couldn't really call them blue skies then did lighten quite a bit.

Work was also enjoyable as I was able to get quite a bit done and have some time to work on that new project that I've just started which is great fun.

However the one problem I had all day was that I got the theme music to the great escape stuck in my head. Quite why that music, I have no idea! I foolishly happened to mention this out loud, so a couple of my colleagues decided with great delight that the best way to help would be for them to start humming the great escape theme as well. Still I and irony had the last laugh as one they had started humming it they couldn't get it out of their heads either!

Getting home from work was somewhat problematic as a car decided to break down right in the middle of the roadworks on the main road out of Nottingham which effectively 'locked' the road for nearly 40 minutes and guess where muggins here was? Yeap that's right, smack bang in the middle of it where it's impossible to turn around unless your feeling totally suicidal. Still at least dinner was ready and dishd up as soon as I walked through the door.

Grumpy is starting to get his stuff ready as he's about to go on Holiday to the Czech republic to see my Brother and his family. He's looking forward to it, although it did use that as an excuse to eat a lot of mince pies over the past couple of days as he said that he was simply eating the mince pies he would have eaten during the time he's on holiday, now instead.

I'm hiding the next box of mince pieces until at least Christmas eve.

Later folks!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Have a wonderful holiday with your family. Easy on those mince meat pies.... they really are not my favorite. However, my husband is always hoping I will make him one. Maybe I should do that for Christmas.

Saxon said...

oh I don't eat Mince Pies. I don't like them. I more meant I was going to hide the next box as I don't want to have keeping buying a new box everyweek.