Wednesday, December 10, 2008

That was silly

I get to work this morning all bright and raring to go or at least as bright as I can be first thing in the morning. I park the car get my bag out of the boot, put on my coat and go to lock the car. And I can't find my car keys, anywhere! Which was really stupid as I knew I had them, otherwise I wouldn't have got to work ( well d'uh!) but I could find them anywhere. Not in my pockets, not in my coat, not in my bag, not in the boot. I was really starting to panic at this point and didn't know what to do. I picked my phone up from the roof of the car where I had placed it when I had gotten out and what do you know! Yes Muppet here at put his phone down on top of his car keys.

D'oH!!!

Oh well, at least I'll know to check under anything I've put down first if I can't find them again.

It seemed to be a slightly longer day then usual but I guess that was in part down to the fact that I was alone in my sector of the office today and time seems to pass very slowly when you have no one to talk to. Well at least my day was livened up by the worlds worst cold caller. I could be wrong but I'm sure calling some one, offering your services and then asking them what they make is not the best way to do sales cold calling.

Still at least I was able to leave slightly early so I could make my way across to the Stake Centre for the christmas meal. Which was prepared by EP and she did a great job, it was really nice ( photos to follow soon). You could also see the difference in the kitchen with regards to the different cooking styles between guys and Girls. Last year when it was me and Engineseer we were spread out here there and everywhere across the Kitchen. Ep was tightly focussed around the cookers and everything was extremely tidy.

She did say she wanted to do the washing up herself but I got someone to distract her whilst I made a start on it. Yes I know I'm a sucker and I'm too nice for my own good, but I wanted to do something nice for my friend as she had been cooking all afternoon and I wanted to show I appreciated her hard work.

It was also quite nice after institute as EP and I were able to have a long talk about things and how much Leicester institute has changed. It was nice to be able to talk about it with someone and realise I'm not the only one whose feeling on the outside of things a bit at the moment.

Chemistry and I are going hometeaching tomorrow. We're hoping to improve on last Months performance. But even if we only see one person it will still be worth it.

Later folks!

No comments: