Sunday, January 27, 2008

what a difference a blue sky makes

Well as we rapidly approach the end of January it seems like the gloom may be lifting. It's currently 4.50pm in the afternoon in the UK(at the time of writing mind you,) and it's still light. In fact the sky is starting to show signs of a spectacular sunset. There was even blue sky this morning! That's right not clouds, actual blue sky. It certainly seemed to help at church this morning, even the singing seemed a bit more cheery.

There was no need to stops at Engineseer's as he was up and he was even at church before me ( no sign of black widow though). He also had also thought up a ready supply of snappy comebacks in case our Sunday school teacher made any comments about him missing last week. Of course almost inevitably she didn't make any mention of the fact at all.

I'm still waiting on my new hometeaching list from the EQ president. I'm getting a real sense of deja vu here. The lesson in EQ was okay, even if one person actually fell asleep and started snoring. As we were arrange in a 'circle' it took a real effort of will for everyone to ignore it.

I was surprised when I got home to find that Grumpy had realised that there was a load of washing in the machine and he had taken it out and put it into the tumble dryer. Hurah! maybe he is learning. All I've got to do now is to see if I can teach how to actually put a wash on and we might be getting somewhere.

I've been reading a manuscript for work for most of the afternoon. It's actually a much better read then I was expecting. It will be strange to think however it wouldn't be in print until the end of the year. Which does seem like a scarily long way away doesn't it?

anyway, I'm going to be taking it easy this evening. I'm psyching myself up for tomorrow.

I'll let you know all about it tomorrow.

later!

No comments: