Friday, January 18, 2008

They seek it here, they seek it there

There are few sentences from Grumpy that make me worry more then ones which start with " Have you seen....." as this inevitably means he has misplaced some item that he needs at that moment in time and is not going to relax until we find the thing. So when he asked if I had seen his mobile I realised I wasn't going to get any peace unless I helped him search for the thing.

Fortuantely he knew he had left his phone switched on. So he rang in and we both went as quiet as possible to try and hear the thing ring. Well when I say 'both', it was more me. See little known fact about muggins here is that I have very good hearing ( now watch anybody who knows me get very paranoid if their trying to have a quiet conversation with someone and I'm near by, he, he, he). I was able to hear the phone ringing almsot immediately but it was very faint. My first thought... It's in his bedroom. So I go in there and then had to keep shushing grumpy who kept asking every few seconds if I could still hear it. So under the bed, nope! In the drawers? Nope either. I then tried his wardrobe which was when Grumpy stuck his head ound the door and started laughing at me standing there with my head stuck in the wardrobe.

G: I should take a picture of that.
With what? you don't have a camera
G: The camera on my phone of course.
That would be the camera on the phone you've lost and I'm currently searching for ?
G: ummm yes.

Nothing in the wardrobe either. Grumpy went back to the house phone and tried calling his mobile again. Again the ringing started but it was faint. I was stumped and could't think where it was in the house. It was then I remembered that he has the volume on his phone cranked up to maximum. So if it wasn't in the house, could it be?... I opened his window and immediately I was proved right. I could hear the phone clear as a bell and could see a etheral blue glow coming out from under his car. So either there was a spirt underneath his car and we needed to call the ghostbusters or we had found the thing. One quick check later and we had his phone. Quite how it got that far under the car neither Grumpy or I have no idea.

Well it's been raining again. In fact it's been raining almost constantly over the past two days, so there's, well water everywhere! It's severely depressing. Things weren't helped yesterday when there were two major accidents on the roads, one of which closed my way home! I was going to try going cross country but there had been several accidents around Loughborough as well so basically where ever I was going to go I was going to get stuck. So I eventually decided to take the easy option and stayed at work reading for a while waiting for the traffic to die down . It was annoying but not as annoying as being stuck in a traffic jam would have been.

anyway, my goal for the weekend is to do something constructive. I have no idea what constructive thing I'm going to do, so lets hope inspiration strikes hey?

later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have loved reading you...my favorite part...i can hear that english accent...love your vocabulary that is slightly different..we never call it a mobile...its a cell...we could start to educate each other on two different cultures...what do you think..i am going to add you to my blog

Saxon said...

I'm glad your enjoying the blog. It is interesting how peoples accents are still 'noticeble' even when writing their blogs.

Well a 'cell' in the UK is something the police put criminals in.

Seeing as you added my blog to yours I've repaid the favour and added yours to mine.