Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Busy going nowhere

Well I set a new record this morning one which I seriously hope I never break. Yes it took me 1 hour and 25 minutes to get to work this morning!. That’s right 1 hour 25 minutes!! I was ten minutes late for work and not in the best of moods by the time I arrived. It seems that a truck had broken down near a road about on one of the other main routes into Nottingham . The resulting jams had backed their way up through the whole of Nottingham ’s road network eventually causing everything to slow right down. I read a article once about people worrying what would happen if terrorists attacked our transport infrastructure such as roads and the resulting confusion they would create. My opinion? Nobody would notice, any effects would probably be obscured by the general confusion we’re more then able to make on our own!

I didn’t get into any trouble for being late mind you as just as I pulled into the car park, my bosses boss arrived as well having also been delayed. So that makes it very hard for your boss to have a go at you for being late when their boss is also late! I didn’t have my appraisal today after all that. It’s been put back a week as my line manager was off ill today. Mind you I still haven’t found out if its proper name is ‘appraisal’ or if it is now called by some sort of funky acronym.

It’s institute tomorrow. We have a replacement teacher as Bro H is away. I’m sure this must be classed as a sign of the times as Bro H has been away for two lessons, been flummoxed and lost his train of thought all in one course!
later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Traffic is miserable.